grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. They are taking blood every hour & poke a new hole to get it each time. I feel like a pincushion. I'm surprised the holes don't leak when the blood pressure cuff tightens after all the blood thinners. Lol

The ER was packed last night.

Thanks. They are taking blood every hour & poke a new hole to get it each time. I feel like a pincushion. I'm surprised the holes don't leak when the blood pressure cuff tightens after all the blood thinners. Lol

The ER was packed last night.

Lovely to hear from you and that they are getting something done for you :hugs

I bet you feel like a cushion too if they are taking from a new spot each time!! You would have thought they would have a put a cannula in, at least that way they would not have to make even more holes in you.

I managed to get three of the four down into the grass before the rain started. Hopefully the fourth will be cool enough to make it.

Now the three don't know what to do about the rain. Poor things. Clearly I left them in the brooder too long?

I don't know how long guinea should stay in the brooder, are they the same as chicks as in when they are fully feathered they are ok to go outside. My last batch of chicks I let out of the shed at about three weeks. We had a heat wave and the shed was cooking so i made a pen around it to let them out. They were petrified of the outdoors, everything was so scary. When we did have rain they were a bit thick at first and stood out in until one realised it was drier in the shed!! They all soon followed suit and got the idea.

X-posted from LA thread.

Is anybody online? I've got an emergency. Something got a sussex pullet, and injured another. All of her tail feathers are ripped out and it looks like the beginnings of fly strike? She was swarmed by flies and has clumps of little things on her feathers. What's the best way to treat this quickly before it's a huge problem?

Update: only one of her legs is working. I tilted her upside down to check her bottom side for i juries and blood began dripping from her beak. Now she's gurgling pretty loudly. :(

Sorry about your predator attack :hugs

Blood from the beak would point me towards an internal injury of some kind. Internal bleeding I would suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom