grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I still haven't caught that skunk! I hate predators, too! In soooooo many ways...... [​IMG]

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    so,so , sorry camping. I think i would cull if blood is "dripping"out of the mouth. Did this just happen today? flys are fast. did you post in emergency ?
    Enola, I havent been on facebook today. busy day. LOL

York, ALL the rest of the eggs are dead. they died at lock down. No idea why. 8 total.

3. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I let them out of the coop at 8:30. I think it happened between 9 and 10.

She's not dripping blood or gurgling anymore. I covered her in blu-kote. And myself in the process, of course. :lau

I think if we can avoid fly-strike, and we can figure out the leg, then i think she'll make it. I was supposed to sell them next weekend. :hit

4. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    I would put the poor thing out of misery. She doesn't understand what is going on she just knows it hurts. She will try to hide her pain so as to not attract predators. :(

5. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

I can't give up on her. I never would have found her if she hadn't clucked to me when I walked by. I had to crawl through thick brush to get her. She called me, and I'm going to do my best for her. I know they don't display pain of discomfort like other animals, but I've had some really sick chickens in the past, and she seems to be pretty comfortable by comparison.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  6. napdognewfie

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    OK. Sorry. I just pictured her hurting. I'm sure you will do what's best as you're right there with her. I don't mean to sound cruel.

7. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    newfie, you feeling any better ? what are the drs. saying ?

8. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

No, you didn't sound cruel. :hugs I just wanted you to know that I think she's ok for now. If she takes a turn, then I'll do what has to be done.

9. napdognewfie

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    I don't feel too bad just tired. I'm hooked up to IVs. Nitro and antibiotics. They stick me every hour and said my heart enzymes (?) are elevated a bit. Dr said something about a heart catheterization but not when so I guess I'm here for the weekend.

I'm missing the labor day car show and they are doing burnouts this year because they are working on the dirt racetrack. And I will miss it! :(

10. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Well at least you won't have a heart attack from all excite of the ace track........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by