grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
mama was a barred rock and daddy a frizzled cochin. (bantam). LOL

Ol mare, I had a couple guys do that when my air went out , remember ? It was a dirty filter. hahaaa

Isn't that the truth!! I find myself on the "trying to catch up" train again myself. SOOOO over this heat and ready for the "big cooldown" they keep teasing us with on the forecast........the A/C sh*t the bed last week and after DH spent two days messing around with it, finally gave in and called a guy Friday---guy swore he'd be out, never showed and when I got home after work pointed out to DH it was now after 5 on Friday, of a hoilday weekend to boot, so we were up a creek w/out a paddle as far as getting anyone out without paying through the nose ---- so, one of the "hottest weekends of the year" and we have been sweating it out. Tried to warn DD away from coming home, but she really wanted to visit - so home she came, think she regretted that decision, lol. Spent the weekend making a big batch of finger steaks and strawberry jam so DD could take some of each back up to school with her. She also came with a request for "more eggs" from her roommates - sent them back an 18 pack of tiny pullet eggs. Not poking the bear too much on the A/C issue as he swears he has it handled, I think he's found a new guy to come out, so all I know is that it better be fixed in the next two days or I'm going to have to start "nagging"........or we're going to just have to move back to the PNW, that's a logical response to broken A/C, right??? In the meantime we are all mothered up to the nearest fan, not moving anymore than absolutely necessary. I *finally* got some good Welsummer eggs. Of the three we picked up this spring I knew at least one was laying and had been unimpressed with her egg color, but not surprised given they are "just hatchery birds" -- well, the last week has brought me four of these beauties, the picture does not do the color justice, they are the prettiest little things! (shown with the big, mis-shapen eggs our BO Fat Amy lays and the tiniest little fart egg (size of nickel) we found the other day --- DS is taking these and some others to the Ag. Day event FFA hosts for the county 3rd graders this week). Not sure if it's just one of the three or if both the remaining two are going to be nice, dark layers - haven't been able to stalk them in the nests well enough to figure that out yet - have been really pleased with the personalities they have developed since they started to lay, they've become quite friendly.
Pacific Northwest?!?!? That's where I am and it's been the hottest and dryest summer ever!!!! We finally got rain, sitting in a public place, and everyone cheered!!!!!!! Granny, I am 38 years old with four boys... The oldest is 16 and needs me to make his plate still!!!! I have to admit, I still call my folks and ask what's for dinner cause I'm worn.... Never think that mom has 9 grandkids she takes care of often (not mine) but dad loves to see his kids and grandkids and will promise big meals!!!!! Mom has no problem telling me I'm cooking. Lol ps my favorite birds so far are my Minorca and my white jersey Giants. Opposite in personality but cool!!!!

everyone is in bed, I sure hope I can get out of this chair.
fl.gif
LOL

but he couldnt pour me a bowl of cereal ? I must of trained my DD better. she cooks for me and never expects anything in return.  its good to know that is normal. most of the time I really just dont know. thanks.
My daughter is super thoughtful in everything else, but when it comes to food she just always thinks I need to stop working and be the one to go in and fix everyone lunch. Shoot when it's just hubby & I we work until we're done then get whatever to eat. Even if its a bowl of cereal or popcorn. She reminds me of my dad, when his blood sugar was off he got like a grissley bear, give him a little food and he was like a Teddy bear. She's the exact same way.

Pacific Northwest?!?!? That's where I am and it's been the hottest and dryest summer ever!!!! We finally got rain, sitting in a public place, and everyone cheered!!!!!!!

Granny, I am 38 years old with four boys... The oldest is 16 and needs me to make his plate still!!!! I have to admit, I still call my folks and ask what's for dinner cause I'm worn.... Never think that mom has 9 grandkids she takes care of often (not mine) but dad loves to see his kids and grandkids and will promise big meals!!!!! Mom has no problem telling me I'm cooking. Lol ps my favorite birds so far are my Minorca and my white jersey Giants. Opposite in personality but cool!!!!

thank you for the info on your children.
hugs.gif
can you do pics. of your birds ? I dont know what the Minorca is ? love the giants.

My daughter is super thoughtful in everything else, but when it comes to food she just always thinks I need to stop working and be the one to go in and fix everyone lunch. Shoot when it's just hubby & I we work until we're done then get whatever to eat. Even if its a bowl of cereal or popcorn. She reminds me of my dad, when his blood sugar was off he got like a grissley bear, give him a little food and he was like a Teddy bear. She's the exact same way.

me too with the sugar drops. hahaaa I "bearly" cook so I dont know what he is thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom