grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    No real change in Emily today. She gets really messy when she poops. I had her tilted trying to get her cleaned up and she started gurgling again. That was pretty discouraging. :(

I guess she's just on indefinite bed rest. A person on fb suggested maybe shed injured a ligament, which will heal in time. I guess she's doing alright for what she's been through.

2. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

[​IMG]

This is my Minorca, Alice, a month ago. She just started laying... Her comb is folding slightly and her white ears are bigger.

3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    The key word there is DRY --- I can deal with dry heat all day long. Yes, the Pacific Northwest. I was born and raised in the mountains of central Idaho (left at 19, STILL miss it with all my heart)- my husband was born and raised in the Portland metro area and both our families are still in Oregon. The humidity out here is what kills ya! We left Oregon in 2000, but it is still "home" to me, and always will be. I am constantly looking for excuses to go home - I would quit my job tomorrow and walk away from our house here in a heartbeat, for now the hold is that my DD is in college (just started her second year) out here and I woudn't feel right leaving her out here all by herself since we have NO family here at all (brought out here by way of N.C. courtesy of my husband's military career - he's since retired).

4. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Do we need to rent a fork lift for you Hun :lau Just kidding hope you can haul that big boo... Oh ya I'm trying to be nice :lau

5. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    hi Linda ..glad to have you with us....Alice is pretty..

6. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    OK I'm bad, bad send me to freezer camp lol

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  7. angeliamay81

angeliamay81 New Egg

Mar 30, 2015
    Im gonna hang a sign on my coop that says "MOTHERS FLOCKERS..... WARNING: MAY BE PECKER'S"

8. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

I

I'm in Washington... But my family is from Iowa.... Humidity makes a huge difference. I love the PNW and will never leave. Military brat... So I have traveled but nothing is as magistic as the green mountains and rainforests of Washington.

9. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    OMG granny, you are bad...bad..bad. We're gunna go to h*ll in a hand basket. Can any one tell me what that old saying means?

10. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    So, any of you all in here the high-falutin' type that go to the fancy, schmancy poultry shows???? Beyond my participation in 4-H as a youngster I have not ever actually been to a "poultry show" and there is one coming up in October that is apparently quite the affair -- thinking I might go but not sure what to expect, how welcome "observers" are, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by