grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    LOL, I was having a hard time last night but i think I answered everyone. sandbag ALL night ? you must be a bleeder. so sorry. that hurts the bones having to lay like that. I would of tried to stick with the morphine. hahaaa Odd they are not doing a doppler of your neck. normal way and much cheaper then and safer then MRI. Unless they did that one already ? its supposed to be more accurate too.
    waiting to hear back from Mark about SD surgery . They said 20 min. but its been much longer.

2. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Hi Newfie, glad to hear your doing a bit better. Without sounding like dummy what is the sandbag for?

3. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Sorry we missed ya twist, you must be on a different time zone than I am or you get on really late. It was a early night for me last night. I'm usually up hours after midnight, but have been really exhausted these past couple of days. Its 9:30 a.m. here and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open. So if I nod off I'm sorry.

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    sandbag is a weight for the artery to stop the bleeding. they go through a big artery in your groin with every think they plan on using to place a stent straight to your heart. its a tube that can fit the stent, a light, balloon if needed. sometimes you get a stitch, sometimes glue and sometimes nothing but pressure to keep it from opening and you bleeding out. I dont know the material they use (could be sand) but it puts pressure on it.

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    3 hrs. different. It is 6:30 where he is.

6. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    One of my inside animals threw up this morning. The kids said it was the cat, but I think it was the dog. Either way I'm concerned because there was blood in it. :(

7. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Parvo is a HUGE issue here in SC.

Usually when the blood shows up it is in the poop though.

8. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I thought parvovirus was just for puppies? She hasn't had her shots this year, but I know she's gotten the parvo shots before.

Edit: I didn't mean for that to sound snotty. Autocorrect put in "parvovirus" for me.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  9. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Parvovirus can affect any dog that doesn't have immunity to parvo. Is your dog still acting normal? One of the first signs is a depressed appetite.

10. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    They did that neck thing in 2011 & it was over 85% blocked then. Dr I was going to wouldn't see me or renew prescriptions because I owed them $90 so I was over a year with no exams or meds. DH RAN into my old Dr at Walmart so I changed to him. Had to wait a few months for appointment with him. He was sending me for stress test & heart Dr appointment but I didn't get to either. So here I am. He said I had a strong heart that may be due to all the gardening over the years. I used to dig 15 4 x 15 raised beds by shovel and I used to be in a lot better shape too. Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by