grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Sorry granny. Been trying to get caught up on this tread. I did see a couple that I think would be pretty easy. Thank you. I was also curious about that cookie can heater that you had. Any way you could post a picture sometimes is give me a link to see how it's made. I messed up and got plastic waterers. Should 've got stainless I suppose? Definitely gonna need a way to keep the water from freezing this winter. I'm still a greenhorn at this so if anyone has a cheap easy way,it would be greatly appreciated.? Y'all need to slow down chatting so I can catch up lol. I'm a slow reader thanks to the cerebral pawlsey. This could take awhile lol.

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    X 2 - when I had my braces done (just a "few" years ago, lol) the first day after any adjustment was the worst.

3. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    LOL - DS is my dramatic child too.....

4. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Not sure just yet - DS and I have been looking at the flock trying to decide who to get rid of now vs. later. I'd like to take three light brahma hens, but at the moment they look horrible due to some picking issues (part of the reason I want to get them out of our flock - apparently the rest of my girls don't appreciate feather legged birds AT ALL, and it doesn't seem right to keep them around to be picked on) and having decided now is a great time to start molting.

5. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    I have 3 packs. I'll get them in the mail tomorrow. I had to find them first! Buy the boy some shoes! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA

7. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    wouldnt worry about the molt, its just that time of year. and you can blame the legs on the molt as well.
    I will get some shoes then. thank you wishing ! [​IMG]
    can someone link the chicken chick?
    Red you can use the plastic water on the tin. I prefer them . the metal rust too fast. 40 watt light bulb, light socket and cookie tin. drill a hole half way up the side of the cookie tin thread the socket for the light in. there will be washers and nuts to hold it on each side. put the light bulb in , put the lid on . google the Chicken Chic. she has pictures. I dont know how to load them. someone else does that for me.

1 person likes this.
  8. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Thanks granny. I'm broke and need all the help I can get lol. I love the dit stuff anyway. Granny u seen that you're left handed too. Not many of us around that think with the right side of our brain. The more I read, the more I think you may really be my mom lol. As soon as I get someone over here to show me how to upload pictures, I'll post a few pictures of my small flock. Hopefully someone smart will be over here soon lol.

9. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    how old are you Red ? any children ? did i remember you saying you have cerebral palsy ?

10. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I'm 42 so you're really not old enough to be my mom lol. And yes I do have a mild case of cp. And I also have severe spinal stenosis. Not sure if my spellings right lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by