1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    LOL , Some of them need biting !

2. campingshaws

campingshaws Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Hey y'all. I've been traveling since Saturday! So many posts!!

Thanks for asking about Emily. I changed her bedding before I left and she laid on the kennel floor like usual. When I put her back in the milk crate she stood up on her good leg for a bit, first time I've seen her stand up since the attack. Bad leg stayed drawn up close to her body; seems like she'd have to have some sort of control for it to do that and not just dangle.

I'm having a great time with my friend. I traveled with three chickens and 29 eggs; the pullets I sold without any hiccups. The roo and eggs have been more of a problem; the lady I was supposed to meet had to take her mother to the ER yesterday. So we've postponed the pickup. I had to run to TSC and buy a small back of chick food for him.

He has a runny nose. Any thoughts on that? I thought maybe it was from all the birds being locked up for several days, being dusty in the run. But I think that should have cleared up by now... I don't want to sell him if he's unhealthy.

3. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    glad your having fun camping. Hard to say with the roo. No other symptoms ? I have never seen a chicken with just a runny nose and it be sick .

4. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Where's that throw-up emoticon?

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    not exactly what i was looking for but at the "elbow" it should look rounded and if its flat it is dislocated. it shows how to put it back. symptoms are holding the leg up close to the body. I had a chick like that from injury. if it wont go straight its locked in place you need to pop it back and may need to be done a few times.

6. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

THANKS!! I wasn't totally sure what I was looking at. I won't be home til Thursday, but I'll check then! :hugs

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    you mean from that post ?

8. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Ugh, yes. That poor turkey on the board legs. :(

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Looks like he been on the horse too long. My Tom turkey walks almost as bad. all his boys were bowlegged too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by