1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    Anybody here ever use a chicken diaper? DS has been asked to/really wants to take his Nugget as part of the visiting animal thing the local FFA does at area nursing homes, but the whole poop everywhere is a potential drawback. Socially she'd be great for it as she had the right temperament.

2. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    My DD makes them for her ducks. She will probably make one for the chickens. She brought a baby goat in a diaper to bible school. I think she plans on dressing it too. She is 36. Lol. That's my girl!

3. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I hope everyone's doing well today?

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop
    Oh wow that's a lot of catching up I've had to do there!! :caf

You have all been very chatty I have to say. Been a busy old day again today nearly 9pm here and I'm ready for bed again :old Just can't stay awake these days, don't know what's up.

Does anyone have any tips for newly fitted braces? Charlie has had his first part fitted today and he's in pain. Have given him the full dose of pain killers I can but its still sore. Can't speak right and he's drooling too. She explained this would happen but I didn't think on the scale it is!! It's cemented in around his teeth with a plastic plate behind his front upper teeth so there is no taking it out. I feel so sorry for him, I really do. October 23rd he's having the tracks fitted on the top and bottom teeth and I'm dreading it for him already. Anyone ideas how long the soreness lasts?

Hope your all having a good day today, and for those who are not :hugs

5. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    had me cracking up with the "rir" chick. [​IMG] was wondering why every one was talking about what a pretty rir she is.
    I got the grass mowed. hope its the last time of the season. I got a sore tail. where the heck is the memory foam seats? I tried adding a small piece of memory and I kept slipping off the seat.

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    did you find any small coops that look easy Red ? Dog kennel with a dog house inside is good for a few. chicken wire wrapped around the bottom and over the top and your done. very easy.

7. prostar

prostar Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal

Heehee I had y'all going ;)

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    only seen one put on display and he had a miniature poop board under him. was trained to stay on the small table and had an empty craw.

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    LOL was hoping the ones i just hatched would look like that and I think I have 2-3 from the swedish flower but cant really tell yet.

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Ol mare, what will you be selling ? I might need one . hehee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by