grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I have Crested Cream Legbars ....... Um, maybe some Legbars lay blue eggs, but mine don't. I have three two of them lay green eggs, and the other one lays a 'slightly' blue one. Beside a brown or white egg they almost look blue. But when I put them beside a blue egg they are definitely green. I have Easter eggers that lay a truely blue egg and of course my Araucanas lay blue eggs. I had two different Legbar roosters and they were both NASTY mean. I won't be getting any more of them.

In my opinion, if you want blue eggs, invest in Ameraucanas.....

2. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    I have a pair of wheaten and blue wheaten. I just thought the roos are attractive & I like the rust breast on the hens. I wonder what color eggs I'd get with a CL roo x ameraucana. I wanted isbar for green and I think they are autosexing.

3. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Oops meant the ameraucana Roo and CL hen.

4. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    You're welcome! I know what you mean by "home." After 3 days of driving through scrub, it felt good to be back where trees grow. It was very smokey all around though. So many fires, and I think things are still burning. Huge fire started near us on Saturday. It's burned close to 600 homes and is only 15% contained. We are expecting some rain tomorrow, very rare thing, but not enough to put the fire out. Might slow it down some.

5. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I don't think Isbars are auto sexing.

Google Cuckoo Blubars. They are a cross bred chicken that one of the hatcheries are offering. Cross of Cream Legbar rooster and California grey hen, I think.

6. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Is it because of cholesterol? Grass fed beef is supposed to have better cholesterol (more good, less bad). Has to be 100% grass fed. When they finish them with corn, it changes the chemistry back to bad. Hard to give up things you love. We'll live longer, sure, but will we enjoy it? Don't know how I'd cope if I had to quit eating chocolate. [​IMG]

7. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    [​IMG]as long as they are vicarious and not vicous (mean.evil)

8. Watermelon123

Watermelon123 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Northern Ohio,
    Can somone plese explain the thing with twisted and the yaks.
    Sorry, I skipped a couple pages.

9. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    that will learn you to "cheat" and skip pages LOL

I am in the process of purchasing a small hear of yaks. 1 bull and 5 cows.

Talked to State Vet again and "now" they are fine with "open" cows coming across the state line and only the bull has to be tested for trick-a-something-osous. All paper work and leg work is responsibility of the producer/seller.

2 people like this.
  10. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    will be off and on thru the night making Zuccihini jelley. 4 batches as that's how much ground zuccinhin I have. I give up Italian summer squash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by