grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

It's not ringworm is it??

2. enola

Entire posts have been disappearing on me. Sometimes the post will disappear when I submit. But, whole Thank You Guys post disappeared two days ago.

3. enola

Is that most posts on this thread ?

4. enola

Twist that is too bad about the yaks. Darn't it I was looking forward to vicariously owning yaks through you !

My neighbor has put a brahma bull in the field with her beef cows. He is gorgeous, a lovely silver color.

5. enola

Since I have been on this crappy shift at work, my house cleaning attempts are getting further and further apart..... Mike made a comment this morning. I really do have to vacuum and dust today, his COPD demands it!!

6. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    And now (drum roll) yak man called back . He is supposed to be calling my around noon. Now this I second hand info. but Yak man claims he talked to NDSU Vet center and the cows are good to go preggers or not. He will have to haul the bull somewhere to be tested. And he wants a down payment before he does some of this stuff. Which I understand. Can't figure out the 2 different stories about transporting "open" cows. Will Talk to him and then call state vet again. I guess. More updates when I know something.

7. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    OK so what gives. On in broad daylight and still no one here?? Honestly I did shower last night. [​IMG]

One of the water hydrants at the farm has decided to spring a leak (God know how far down) and water is bubbling up around the pipe. The ground all around is total saturated and the hens have a swimming pool. Which they love. Had to shut off the wells so it can dry out a little before they (well people) can fix/dig it out. My usual well guy been using for 20 years called back and He is just to booked up and busy suggested we try someone else but didn't give any suggestions [​IMG][​IMG]

Yuri is still crashed out under the table using one of the table legs for a pillow. Guess he never sat still while on the farm, I do know there isn't an ounce of extra fat on him anywhere. Well other then between the ears.[​IMG]

Less then 20 posts to go for the big GRAND. Will have to make that one profound.

8. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Well back from the vets and my purse is £50 lighter. It was as I suspected her heart. She has fluid around it and so has some tablets to start. Also some antibiotics for 14 days as her chest sounds bad too. Back in 10 days to see if the heart tablets are working. Drops for her eye looks like an infection in it. They did check for ulcers but thankfully there are non. The tablets will make her drink and pee more so it will be taking it in turns to let her pit during the night :caf

Twist, like your birds will be a little wet there!!

Are you planning the big grand post already? 20 could go very quickly!!

9. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    I'm here. Went to the meat market and got a roast and a couple steaks. I will probably eat a few bites of them. Not supposed to have any. ;)

I was kinda thinking ringworm too but didn't want to say. Granny sure doesn't need that.

10. enola

Twist, maybe your yaks will arrive soon and you can put a picture of them up for us to see?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by