grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, using my phone to post. Feeling very high tech! Up at the inlaws today and it's a good 10 degrees warmer here than back home, little over an hour away. Going to see if I can post a pic. Think there are a few on this phone.

This is from Crater Lake in Oregon.

Such BEAUTIFUL pictures!

Thats what happens when you get old. :gig I could say I know it all and just forgot but i would be lying.   every time i think I got it figured out a new product comes along and throws me upside down.  For example, a member on here named Dawg is the (in my opinion)   the best for advise on worming . I was using Ivermectin til he said its no longer good for worms. .I guess the worms became resistant  to it. Not sure how that happens but i guess it does.  How has meds. changed for you over the years ?   Did you even worm when you were younger ? I dont know your age, if you told me I have forgotten. I do know that back when worming a chicken wasnt done.  I wonder if its the feed  sometimes.

Way back when...... People didn't keep their chickens fastened up like we do now. Chickens that can free range all of the time are nearly as prone to being full of worms. Modern day chickens are not that lucky, poor things.

I am going to do some internet research and find a cheaper place to buy someting for fleas. I never had a flea problem until I moved to SC. I think because of mild winters down here they multiply year 'round...

That's the absolute truth. Mosquitoes and ticks, too. I've got a farm friend who had problems with fleas in his outside dog. He swears by a flea collar. He buys it from amazon. I'll have to see of I can find the name of it. I think it's 6-8 months.

Way back when...... People didn't keep their chickens fastened up like we do now. Chickens that can free range all of the time are nearly as prone to being full of worms. Modern day chickens are not that lucky, poor things.

my dad followed the farmers almanac...chewing tobacco for worms..he said too much would make chickens sick..just a little killed worms..he put couple spoons of kerosene in their drinkig water about once a month..i don't know why and i sure wouldn't do that..he gave them buttermilk for runny poop...he used the almanac to set their eggs..he loved trying to come up with different chicks..he had a cocker spaniel that kept predators away ...and cod liver oil for something..been a long time ago i don't remember everything...

Lily is having nightmares about the liar.  I always think they are chasing rabbits, or in Scooter's case, squirrels.  He's spent months trying to catch that squirrel. 

Sugar has to be kept on a tether when she is outside. She will run off otherwise. She barks at any vehicle that is pulling a trailer. But, she practically has an out of body experience when cyclists go by on the highway! She runs all along the fence and I swear every hair on her body is standing straight out.

Mike always says she is chasing a bike when she runs in her sleep!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom