grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Such BEAUTIFUL pictures!
  2. enola

Sure could use these at work some days!!!!!
  3. enola

Way back when...... People didn't keep their chickens fastened up like we do now. Chickens that can free range all of the time are nearly as prone to being full of worms. Modern day chickens are not that lucky, poor things.
  4. enola

Granny sorry to hear about your daughter....... Praying for ALL of your family.
  5. enola

I have resorted to getting a pill called Comfortis from the vet. $22 per pill. So I get one pill a month for for a 60 pound dog and divide it up between 4 dogs. Works like a charm! Now I need to find a pill for my cat.....
  6. enola

I am going to do some internet research and find a cheaper place to buy someting for fleas. I never had a flea problem until I moved to SC. I think because of mild winters down here they multiply year 'round...
  7. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

That's the absolute truth. Mosquitoes and ticks, too. I've got a farm friend who had problems with fleas in his outside dog. He swears by a flea collar. He buys it from amazon. I'll have to see of I can find the name of it. I think it's 6-8 months.
  8. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    It may have been our pocket screw machine. Made jobs a lot easier.
  9. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    my dad followed the farmers almanac...chewing tobacco for worms..he said too much would make chickens sick..just a little killed worms..he put couple spoons of kerosene in their drinkig water about once a month..i don't know why and i sure wouldn't do that..he gave them buttermilk for runny poop...he used the almanac to set their eggs..he loved trying to come up with different chicks..he had a cocker spaniel that kept predators away ...and cod liver oil for something..been a long time ago i don't remember everything...
  10. enola

Sugar has to be kept on a tether when she is outside. She will run off otherwise. She barks at any vehicle that is pulling a trailer. But, she practically has an out of body experience when cyclists go by on the highway! She runs all along the fence and I swear every hair on her body is standing straight out.

Mike always says she is chasing a bike when she runs in her sleep!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by