grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

Is it not payday any time soon? Good news on your DD and the DR :ya

2. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    @napdognewfie

You sound very knowledgable on the car business and the demolition derby sound fun!!

I had a couple of incidents in my van a couple of years back, in the space of about 2 months I managed to reverse it into a motorbike and a car. Thank goodness they were both parked at the time. Could do with one those cameras for parking. The other halfs pick up has one and it makes reversing a breeze.

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana

this is what he did

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I remember finding a fuse the other day but it was in the van not the car. its either that or fuel pump.. he did this for a long time. at least 5 gallons.

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    ya, great news for her. I sorta pulled some strings. LOL Payday is always the 3rd of the month. its not the money, its the ride. I am stuck in the boonies.

6. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    That's great you could pull some strings and get her some help, good job granny :highfive:
    Phew a case of no vehicle! Could you shop on the Internet and have it delivered while your vehicle is out of action? Most of our supermarkets here do delivery. Can get most things delivered, I've found pretty much everything on Amazon too!! I'm getting very lazy!! Amazon is just too easy, click and it's here the next day.
    Lots of crap that I don't really need :oops:

7. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Hi Wishing yes the chick is the only one at the moment. There is a very exhausted 2nd pipped egg that isnt peeping so the lone ranger is peeping lots.

8. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    How many of you live within driving distance og granny? And do you know about buy here pay here car lots? They would have to be able to do for her state but don't necessarily have to be in her state. MD can't do it I just checked. Still have someone else to talk to.

I would offer up my DH but we just can't afford it. Too many states away. Lol

What we need is a lot that will take payments and someone who can go with granny as a good deed and pick out a couple good prospects. Does someone have a friend?

Went through this with DD in OK. Called and says that her car is broke. Wants us to do something (eye roll). Did I mention I'm in MD? You can get a car repaired long distance. DH spent a lot of time on the phone between DD and mechanic.

My 1st DH (or BH) and DH (aka Best Bob in the world) are motorheads. 1st one had a garage (and a girlfriend). DH still works on them as a hobby. He goes with friends to pick out used cars.

9. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Granny how can somebody steal gas from the engine? I have never heard of that. Was your moms car locked?

10. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    PM me your address

If you are open to madison, Cruisin' gets my vote, we have dealt with them on our last 4 vehicles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by