grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides, if I have an incubator I have a technical work around for the whole, "don't *buy* any more chickens" edict DH tries to issue now and then, right? I mean, if I'm hatching eggs that isn't buying any new birds.........

I have um...3 of the Styrofoam kind. I usually have mine on the kitchen counter or in the dining room where the cats can't lay on them. I always turned 3x a day by hand. I tried my friends auto turner but it quit. I was always happy with mine.

That's a very good point with your not technically buying birds!! Incubating and hatching is NOT buying it's producing!!

Now is the time if DH wants a new toy, you deserve one too don't miss out!!

I always know when my other half wants or has already bought something!! He is not horsey horsey at all but all of a sudden he will say "Shall we have a ride out to the horse shop" well that is a big give away for me. I'm straight on him "What have you got now?"

I have heard wonderful things about the brinsa so thats 3 votes. with that being said, this is what i want to do. Go to the antique store and find a beautiful old cabinet. Ice chest , ect... and make your own. glass front something so you can sit in your easy chair and watch them hatch . marine varnish everything. Use the top for something beautiful live a rooster statue. hahaa . then make it a permanent part of your furniture. mention this to DH and if he likes working with wood he will be ready to start tomorrow !

I think brinsa dont hold many eggs . 7 ? for the cheapest one . the one at TSC without the turner is about $40. and will let you know if this is what you want to do. holds 40 eggs and the more the merrier. I have to say its only good for about 4-6 hatches before it starts acting up.

edited to add, Thats why you are seeing so many for sale. dont go used on them. Just because they light up and heat up dont mean they will hold steady for the 21 days. Mine was peaking a high temp on day 14.

Last edited:
I wanted to tell everyone that Robert had a great birthday . thanks to you all. so many happy wishes ! cake and unknown present was great. a beautiful card. (no, I didnt get that hug.) As not the first person in my family wished him one just a simple couple words went far. I made his tacos ,(they were gross) we went to small town and he picked out food. he didnt want to go anywhere else. And, @Ol Grey Mare I sold 4 dozen eggs when I went . hahaa oh, and he got DQ cheese curds. there went the $6. from the eggs.

Granny, that boy should have given you your hug before he got those cheese curds! We have DQ out here but not cheese curds. What are they? Served warm or cold? flavored?

Brinsea has 20 and 40 egg incubators and higher I think. You really need to know what you want and what comes with the one you think you are ordering. Turners and humidity pumps are sometimes extras and sometimes standard depending on the model, and just like a car, the price goes up pretty quick if you want top of the line. Rcom is supposed to be the best one around, although people don't seem to know much about them. BYCer in Australia says his is fool proof and he's never had a bad hatch with his rcom in very dry conditions. Local BYCer lover hers too. Does very well in our foggy summer mornings. She had some trouble in the beginning, but the company replaced a faulty thermostat thingy and she was good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom