grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    they came for the walking dead. it didnt go very good. sil said happy and robert ignored him. robert didnt like the way he talked to me the other day. one of the kids refused to tell robert happy b day and robert would not share his cake with him but he didnt ask either . every one else ate a piece .

2. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing?

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Yup. That's the kind of social stuff I was talking about. Makes it hard. My guys have no close young cousins, so we were mostly dealing with adults, and that was hard enough. So much coaching and explanations needed for the simplest things. Chinese grandma was the hardest. Such high expectations. She expected him to sit at the table and listen to the adults talk long after he finished eating. Far too much noise for my child and why torture him for no reason. I would excuse him right away because it broke my heart to see him put his hands over his ears and shut his eyes to try to calm down. Then the long and fruitless explanations that no, he is not being rude, he is just different. I think he was 10 before they finally got it.

3. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Sorry all I forgot I was still logged in. Watched a couple episodes of Dr Who with David Tennant.

I am off to shower, read, and bed.

Sweet dreams and warm fuzzies all....

4. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Oh I loved Dr Who. I started watching in the 70s. No TV for over 10 years.

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Wishing, You must be way better at explaining then i am. He is now 22 and some family will just not accept there is anything different about him except he is "spoiled. stubborn, rude ect.." Im sure you have hard them all. This is , hands down the hardest thing i have ever done in my life.
    Morning all !

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    myself, Ol mare and for the first time that i know Twisted came in the top ten with the most posts. Dont worry Twist , you were #10. LOL

7. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Morning all. Hope everyones day starts out better then mine. 2 hours sleep now, a nail in the tire. Got to looking, need a couple new tires anyway. Well gotta go now and see if I can talk someone outta two tires. Lord knows I'm broke.

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    sorry to hear that Red. I carry a can of fix a flat with me because no way i can change a tire.

9. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Somebody help newchick211 find this thread. She is looking for friends!

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Im a little confused by all this. I would like to learn more. In my family men are not allowed to discipline the children. that was the moms job. I assumed it was because of too protective mamas and too strong a hand dads. Both parents supported the kids . sometimes moms more then dads. I have always took care of the yard because i like it and tom the dishes and laundry. because thats what he was good at. I would never allow Tom to spank my children and he wouldnt want to. talk to them and say no was fine but not putting his hands on them. I thought there was no gender jobs, just help where you can and when you can. Both my kids have great respect for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by