grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I will tell her. Oh I've never heard of cork wood. Will have to look it up and see if it can be grown here.

The chickens are just eating machines especially Ginny the Amber. Anything and everything goes in her mouth. She really is a chicken dustbin!!
I have a monkey puzzle tree a little further round in the garden that you can't see in the pic, now that is one thing they do stay away from as it's very sharp and prickly!! It's drawn blood on me quite a few times when I've been weeding.

I really like the monkey puzzle. Really weird to look at and different. Mine is not as big as these but it gives you an idea ~

I've had a quick look for cork wood but no pics came up just cork coasters :lau
They are on the list of our horticulture society thingy me Bob website but no pics :rant

Oki doki, thanks granny :highfive:

They are very pretty!! So will my birds leave hibiscus plants alone? Certainly something to think about for next year for some colours. I really like the flowers, long time since I seen nice flowers in my garden.

Yes they are a bit scary and would make a good security fence against intruders! Imagine getting caught in a monkey puzzle it would be a bloodbath!!

How you feeling today? Better I hope and do you gave your suger under control today? Don't want you MIA all of sudden again :th

I am fine. thank you for asking.
hugs.gif

the plant grows new each year so new growth will be close to them but, after the first year leave the old stalks up til the new has a chance to get too tall for the chickens then you can break the old off. its a pretty hard stalk and tall enough they wont reach them. the flowers can be , depending on what you get, as big as dinner plates . the older they get the bigger around til you have a bush. They are my favorite.

They sound great!! If I can keep them away from the new growth that would be good. I'm out with them most of the time when they are in the garden, they are that daft they get lost in the shrubs!! Will have to do more ushering them away from the new stuff.

Glad your ok today :hugs

How are the new polish, any better?

Last edited:
take a tomato cage and wrap some chicken wire around it. that will work.
I guess i better go feed mine. the new polish still dragging their tails.
he.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom