grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Oh my......what a handsome boy!

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

He came over to the fence when he heard me messing with the chicken pellets. He is pretty young, so he is not mean yet. He is running with some Holstein heifers and angus cows. Pretty babies next summer.

3. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    So who wants to talk guineas again? :lau

I can't hear them making sounds at all, other than soft peeps and chatter. I heard a flock at the zoo and could pick male from female.

Can you sex them at all by behavior? Because I think I have three hens and a cock.

[​IMG]

That big fella has the biggest wattles, and he's got a habit of standing straight up and down while the other three scratch around for goodies. Last night he roosted on top of the coop with the chickens, and the other three hunkered in the tall grass by the tractor.

I should find a way to mark him, to see if I'm right.

4. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Isn't it funny when you catch something like that - I have a favorite of our Aero that was caught like that - I was just trying to catch a good pic of DD and her horse, and only after did I realize what Aero was doing (it was fitting, though, because this TOTALLY reflects her personality):
    [​IMG]

5. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    He may not get mean - my experience with brahman are they are pretty sweet, even the bulls (well, for bulls, lol)

6. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    the horse picture, hahaaaa [​IMG]

7. enola

Cat food has a lot of protein and some of it passes through. Sounds pretty sick to me, but that is what a vet told me.

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    camping, it took forever for me to figure out what mine were. Never seen them breed. they didnt like company.

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I dont see improvement in my tolbunt or just a little in 2 of them. 3 days with the corrid. I see them eating some and drinking good . the meds in the water . wondering if its old. well, I know its old just dont know how old before its not good. I am not seeing ANY of my chickens pooping. sat out there for a good 2 hrs. and not one pile. either i am blind or they are constipated. [​IMG]

10. enola

What dosage are you using for the Corid ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by