grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    when GS and I were getting ready for the swap we were catching the chickens and I grabbed the silkie and said , here, take this thing. he said wait a min . and while I was waiting i started checking him out good. when he reached for him i said, here put this thing back. hahaaa that where he said thats mine.

2. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Red, when I first started collecting chickens (ocd) I was going to get one of each ! hahaa I tried pretty hard too. then decided on one of each color. finally i am at the point where the calico chicken is good .

1 person likes this.
  3. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Sure wish we were closer too. I'm really trying to keep my chickens from multiplying to much but boy is it hard. If I ever do find a broody I can always give the chicks a new home. Oh who am I kidding. Probably keep them all lol.

4. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Granny I'm in the same boat. I'd love to have them all now. Funny it started out with, I think I'll get me a couple hens so I can have some fresh eggs. If I'd known it was this addictive, I wouldn't have done it lol. I'm really glad I did. I feel sad for people that don't have them. They missing out on a lot of fun.

5. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Morning all. Granny, I feel the same. Too tired. The house is messy and I just want to sleep.

I show the breeder a pic of the guineas and she also thinks a boy and three girls. :celebrate I've always had good luck picking up chicks from her. She's the one I bought the polish from and I ended up with a pair in each color.

I put all the birds in one coop and it sounded like a battle royale in there. I need more roosts.

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    morning hun. lucky for sure ! Maybe its the fall weather that makes us tired. our body knows when harvest is over. fresh veggies gone. cooler weather slows you down. its time to relax . gear up for what will be coming. (here anyway.) I am off to make a ladder. hoping DH will feel like helping some . need a 16ft. for the chickens to reach the loft . [​IMG]

7. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    That's another thing granny, I never thought I'd be in the ladder making business. Well I guess it's not a business . Not like I'm selling them. But I've made three for my chickens so far. How far apart do you space your steps?

8. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    they sure are pretty

9. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy Premium Member

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Yep your hooked lol. I start out with 9 hens & 1 coop. I now have 4 coops & 50 something birds :lau

10. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I would giggle myself to sleep at memories of DH saying "Five is plenty!" because I was just under 100. :lau :lau

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by