grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally getting some coffee in my body. What do y'all drink? Community is my favorite and today I'm drinking their Louisiana blend. It's a dark roast and so, so good. I bought some archer farms at target yesterday (on sale, plus a coupon, plus a discount from cartwheel) in a pumpkin flavor. I almost got the matching creamer, but I'm trying to cut back so I'll stick with milk.

Yep your hooked lol. I start out with 9 hens & 1 coop. I now have 4 coops & 50 something birds :lau
I'm going to try hard not to have more then twenty. I don't think I'll be able to stop there though. I only stated with six and rehomed two roos. Down to only one roo and three hens. I have to get more hens. And if I luck up with a broody, there's no telling how many I'll end up with. I'm saying twenty for now. I gotta get some money first for another coop. Something tells me though I may build one that holds more than twenty lol.

I would giggle myself to sleep at memories of DH saying "Five is plenty!" because I was just under 100. :lau :lau
I'm finally down in the 50's from the 70's, but that's not counting the 5 new silks because I'm broody them for my BIL. Hubby would panic in the beginning when my numbers got up to 20, but not anymore, he loves them. He especially loves when I'm hatching chicks. In another word he 's an enabler :lau

I'm going to try hard not to have more then twenty. I don't think I'll be able to stop there though. I only stated with six and rehomed two roos. Down to only one roo and three hens. I have to get more hens. And if I luck up with a broody, there's no telling how many I'll end up with. I'm saying twenty for now. I gotta get some money first for another coop. Something tells me though I may build one that holds more than twenty lol.
My motto GO BIG, OR GO HOME!

I have now found that I will try a breed that I think I want or need & if they don't live up to my standards I sell them & try another. I don't feel the need to keep everything like I did in the beginning.

morning hun. lucky for sure !  Maybe its the fall weather that makes us tired. our body knows when harvest is over. fresh veggies gone.   cooler weather slows you down. its time to relax . gear up for what will be coming. (here anyway.)  I am off to make a ladder. hoping DH will feel like helping some . need a 16ft. for the chickens to reach the loft . :eek:
Sounds like your going to be a busy girl today granny. Maybe you should wear your boot to work outside. Be careful & have fun :gig

Finally getting some coffee in my body. What do y'all drink? Community is my favorite and today I'm drinking their Louisiana blend. It's a dark roast and so, so good. I bought some archer farms at target yesterday (on sale, plus a coupon, plus a discount from cartwheel) in a pumpkin flavor. I almost got the matching creamer, but I'm trying to cut back so I'll stick with milk.

I don't drink anything fancy. For the most part I have to stick to a 50/50 blend or the coffee oils rip up my bad stomach. I absolutely love to take beans & grind my own, but the oils are to strong and they kill my gut. Hubby got me a Kerig 2 Christmases ago so I buy Green Mountain 50/50 kcups for that. And I definetly drink mine with lots of Fat Free French Vanilla creamer.

I agree, I try a breed, if I don't like them, I don't keep them. I don't care for broody breeds, breeds that don't lay lots of eggs, eye candy breeds, breeds that don't have normal feathers, breeds that are naturally aggressive or breeds that have ginormous combs. The last breed I rejected was Cream Legbars.

I got them because they are advertised as blue egg layers. These lay green eggs and both roosters I had were mean beyond belief! The hens are very sweet, lay as well as leghorns and are economical to feed. They will stay here as long as they lay, I can add them to the EE flock.

By spring I am hoping to decide on another breed to try. I would like to get some Bielfelders, Mike is eyeballing Oldansk Dwarfs. I guess it depends on which is easiest/cheapest to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom