grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Have you heard the saying , you have egg on your face ? I guess it means you got caught doing something you shouldnt and now you are embarrassed about it. I got egg on my face today. literally . I cook , sat down to eat and Boom ! out like a light from sugar drop. I face bombed right into my fried eggs. I love yolk.
    free facial to boot. [​IMG]
    so I wanted to talk about my polish. everyone remembers Spazz ? My gay rooster . I now have lizzy hen. [​IMG]what is going on with these things ? My candy corn girl. I got her for spazz but dont think they ever met. I have a young candy corn rooster now. He is just coming into his own. She is close to 2 years old. All my polish are together with the seramas i have left. he has been singing to her and calling with gifts . she comes over and he drops his wing and does the dance. What happened next had me rolling in the grass ! She whipped his @ss ! [​IMG] She then proceeded to drop her wing and do the circle dance for him. This of course terrified him and he took off in a dead run with her on his spurs. again she drops that wing, grabs his neck and he is off and running again. this went on for a good 5 min. This is causing a chain reaction among my hens. the silver is now dropping her wing to him as well. I give up. I will never be able to breed full blooded chickens. They just keep doing it backwards. [​IMG] Am I such a feminist that its rubbed off on the chickens ? I am definitely not drawn that way.

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Granny, he needs to dominate them. My Legbar cross rooster is having the same problem. The hens beat him up so bad that the Araucana rooster even allows him in the same coop and doesn't even bother him.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  3. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    have you seen the hens drop their wings ?

4. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Wise words indeed!

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    heres another weird one. my black alstrop (sp) I thought she was in a bad molt. she had mites. I treated her and her feathers are mottled. little white dots coming on her neck and chest. she is 2 yrs.

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    DD figured out the seizures. serotonin syndrome. she upped her celexa for depression. she is good today. SIL is now trying to get her to rehab. day15. I think its because of what i said to him in above post. not out of concern for her.

7. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I know the problem granny. You must be getting all your chickens at frus.

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    You think I am frustrated Red ? [​IMG]

9. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    No. I think you been getting your chickens from Feminist R US. Lol. You sure can get some funny chickes

10. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    You need to keep an eye on that sugar granny. It's nothing to play with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by