grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Labs are natural lovers! And I can't judge a dog without looking at its eyes, rubbing around its ears, and poking my fingers in its mouth. He said it's super well trained to heel and retrieve. I think a dog that knows a few things can usually learn more.

Except my cav. She was dumb as rocks.

2. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

My dog woes drew you out in the first place! Love it! What kind of dogs do you train?

3. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I use to have about 24 adult beverages every night for over ten years. That's why I carry around this keg instead of a six pack. Most ladies like a six pack but a keg is squishier. Quit in 08. Lost the habbit, kept the keg.

4. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh gosh camping. I'm so old that I've trained kinda everything except bird dogs.Mostly now, I train service dogs for disabled folks, obedience and stuff for folks that got a dog that didn't fit. Work a lot with shelter rescues.

1 person likes this.
  5. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I know what you mean granny. I'm on a lot of meds and the dr gets on to me for not taking them like I'm supposed to. Never liked taking meds. They barely even take the edge off.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  6. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Anybody else getting rained on? It is majorly pouring here and has been all day. It's supposed to be 2-4 inches. The ducks played in a puddle by the back porch all day. They looked like they were lovin life. I guess that does make it great weather if you're a duck. Lol

7. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

How and why did you quit? If I may ask? Me thinks I'd have a respectable age appropriate figure if it weren't for the frosty beverage.

8. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Good for you Mutt! I obedience trained an Afghan hound before anyone told me it couldn't be done. The newfs were much easier. :)

9. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    mutt, you posted you were on #30 are you superwoman or clumsy fingers ? I will tell you what my mom always said to me and I had to repete it to myself 1000 times a day. " Anything you pick up, you can set down." It only sounds dumb for a little while.

10. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    its been a light drizzle here all day and my outside farm dog(ha) refused to get her little tail wet. so I chunked her out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by