grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    is that you in the elmo shirt ? [​IMG] and your girl next to you?

2. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I think the house training of an older dog might be difficult, but not impossible. DH stays up til 2, and I'm up at 6. Only four unattended hours, likely.

I see a challenge. :D and also probs my new best friend.

3. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

SHUP! You have newfies? [​IMG] You trained an Afghan to do something? [​IMG] Newfies make fantastic service dogs for autism and other disabilities.

4. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Well I my heart would beat rapidly every night. Blood pressure terrible. Wasted a lot of quality time with my son. Just got tired of it I guess. Dr told me that I wouldn't live a year if I didn't quit. I provide him wrong. Quit 5 years after he said that. I really wish that I quit a long time ago. It controlled me . I never controlled it. I finally started praying a lot to quit. Glad I did. I'm not condemning anyone from drinking. I did most of my life.I grow up around my dad drinking and he let me drink when I was 8. I never drank around my son. I didn't want to put him through the things that I went through. Keep in mind this is how I felt about myself and I not judging no one.

1 person likes this.
  5. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    That's me but my friends girl

6. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Newfs make fantastic tear soaker-uppers when you go through a divorce too. My first newf Abby was the best dog in the world. I showed her in conformation and obedience. Her litter brother won at Westminster and is the top winning newf in the history of the breed. I bred her and she got pyometra so no pups and spayed. I miss that dog so bad. I'm looking for another newf now so that I can do Obed and agility and therapy visits.

7. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh my gosh NO! Not number 30, beer:30 rather than 4 or 5 or 6 or 7:30! I write so stupid. Good warning though, I've had 3 get to 8 or 12. Scary.

8. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Congratulations! DH has been sober for 22 years. He tried to kill himself in a Camaro before we met. He still has problems because of the wreck.

Did you go to AA?

Crap. Phone battery is dying.

Goodnight all.

9. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Along comes a game warden in his boat. He pulls up alongside the woman and says, “Good morning Ma’am. What are you doing?”
    “Reading a book,” she replies, (thinking, “Isn’t that obvious?”)
    “You’re in a restricted fishing area,” he informs her.
    “I’m sorry officer, but I’m not fishing, I’m reading.”
    “Yes, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment. I’ll have to take you in and write you up.”
    “If you do that, I’ll have to charge you with sexual assault,” says the woman.
    “But I haven’t even touched you,” says the game warden.
    “That’s true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment.”
    “Have a nice day ma’am”, and he left.

2 people like this.
  10. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Yeah I had a bad problem. A case a night gets expensive. I started with 3 or 4. Next thing I knew a twelve pk and then a case. If I could've drank occasionally, I probably wouldn't have quit. But I do more things that I want to do now and I appreciate things a lot more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by