grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I am going to mess this spelling but I have percacious Anemia . ya, that was bad lol but anyway, I cant absorb iron from food, pills. it has to be direct . that happens sometimes after a surgery .

2. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Not me. It was ChickenLady and camping that did it all. I think they may have created a smiley monster! [​IMG]

3. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    thats terrible granny..

4. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Your flock is beautiful and looks like you are taming those crazy keets.

Awesome news about the dog! Nice looking boy. I was curious about why he is being rehomed. You probably said, but you know, CRS.

5. Dannachic

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    pup is beautiful..how do you make those diagrams? you are talented

6. Dannachic

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    i enjoy fall and the cooler temps..it's my favorite time of year...

7. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

My last broody "adopted" them. They're about the same age as her chicks would be (we lost them to heat, predators, and selling). So now they're basically chickens and all roost together and range together. I wish I'd put them out much sooner.

The guy said he had to move recently and lives in town now. The dog stays penned while he's gone, but he works late, so he thinks dog doesn't have a good life like he used to. He said they're best friends.

I'm trying to be cautious. First, because we all know people lie. Second, because guys don't usually just give up their duck dogs. But we'll find out Monday, I guess.

I know that a brisk two-mile hike can usually fix a lot of "problems" that labs can have. I'm not too worried about that.

Not talented at all! I just have a few good photo-editing apps. ;) "aillis" is the app I used today because I like the text options better. I also use "a beautiful mess." It took a minute or two per pic.

8. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Oo, bad news about your step SIL's hand. That is a very complicated repair. Maybe he needs to be at the surgeon's facility if it's got specialized equipment.

B12. Still haven't gone through the cupboard to look for that, but if it helps that much, I might just go buy some! My house is a mess, so if I take half a bottle maybe it would jazz me up enough to get it back in shape. [​IMG] I definitely could use some jazzing up!

9. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    That's right it was camping. I have that CRS too.

10. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    camping, that's cool about the hen adopting the keets. Makes everything so much simpler if they can all be together.

I have met people who love their animals so much they will do the right thing and find a new home if it's best for the dog. My sister got a great beast (half Neo Mastiff X bull Mastiff) that way. Young couple had a baby and a 120 lb very active "puppy" was not a good fit. They drove over two hours when they found out what a good home Sesame would have, and the guy was holding back tears, but it was best for the dog. There are good people out there! [​IMG] Sesame and my sis were best friends for 9 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by