grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

I'm not sure if anyone asked me or not. One of the roos from that hatch had a single comb and clean face, too. And the white legs. He was very handsome. I hated to see him go.

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I have a cousin that went grey in his 20s. so I guess thats not a good way to tell.

3. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Me too granny & last year I only had the large coop going until Dec when I set up the small coop as a brooder coop. This year I have 4 coops to take care of. What the hello was I thinking? :he What scares me the most is the ice. It never fails, every winter I fall at least once & get hurt. This winter I will have 3 additional coops to haul water for. I've got to do some rearranging in the coops & maybe downsize a few more of my 1 1/2 yr old hens. I did at least figure a system out for hauling 50# bags of feed & bales of shavings to the back garage that I can't drive up to in the winter. Wasn't until the end of last winter that I had a brain fart & started loading them into one of my grandkids sleds to tow back there. Way easier, not the sharpest tool in the shed :lau

4. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    My hubby was grey by the time he was 25. The crazy thing is he didnt have black hair. He had a dirty dishwater blonde color hair :idunno

5. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    With the mixed breeding of them there is not really an always/never. NY ee/glw girls both have clean faces with small wattles and funky combs, lol....one lays green, one lays cream

6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Oh gosh, this is awful Granny. I hope he is going to be ok and gets compensated for this. Legally, any company has to pay workmens comp no matter how long they have been on the job. I would think this holds true for all states.

7. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Awww....love the new dog! [​IMG] I would bet Monday seems like a very long time off yet.

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    mornin, im glad I wasnt there to see it. [​IMG] i guess they will figure it out.
    I still dont have a green or blue egg ! [​IMG] someone has to come off one of those hens .
    I just scrambled 8 dozen eggs with left over chicken,salad, oats, and cornmeal. my alum. pot is ruined. chickens should be happy .

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I dont think i better get anymore B12 shots until my legs can carry me. I am bopping all over the house ! legs and foot killing me but i just cant stop . this would have been awesome if i could keep up with it. LOL the whole house smells like burnt eggs now. son came in and looking in the pot, (he didnt know it was chicken food) and he says ,"good thing im not hhaving that for dinner, right mom? " [​IMG] I said , of course we are ! you meant to tell me i stand in here breaking my back and your not ready to eat ? He quickly went back to his room and closed the door. hahaa

10. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Maybe just a pill? Low dose spread out over time? Sounds like something I need to get my hands on...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by