grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Advantages of Yak Meat (compared to beef)
    • Yak meat has more protein.
    • Yak meat contains only 3% to 5% fat compared to 7% to 15% for beef.
    • Yak meat is 35% higher in fats that are good for us: omega 3 oils, conjugated linoleic acids, oleic acids, and stearic acids.
    • Yak meat has 30% less palmitic acid (a fat that is bad for us) compared to beef.
    • Pound for pound, yak meat is lower in calories than beef, bison, elk, or chicken!
    • Yak meat is mild and tender. It looks and tastes like beef . . . but is a much healthier choice.

How cool is that tastes like beef and better for you then chicken.

1 person likes this.
  2. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Hi wishing, cold winter anything is a challenge around here. I tried to share a photo last night of winter 2 years ago but my photos are not uploading again on this crazy site. Carrying buckets of water out in the morning & at night to fill heated dog dishes is sometimes the most challenging thing in a day, unless it snows a lot. Then I have the pathways in the runs to shovel out so the chickens will come out of the coop for a bit. Wondering how winter will go this year because of the aviary net we had to put up to keep the attacking hawk out. I'm hoping it will hold up, but I'm sure it will have its own challenges to overcome this winter. Most of all dreading the icy pathways to the coops. After my fall last winter I got some thingys that fit over the bottoms of my boots to give me better traction on the ice.

3. jane s chickens

jane s chickens Chicken Obsessed

Nov 10, 2014
    Alabama
    Ok. I have been pondering what I could do to get a blue egg layer from my green egg laying EE hen. Thanks Enola. Will cross her with leghorn roo and should get half that lay bluue eggs at least. Sorry for typoos. My fingers are too big for this phone keyboard. Have 42 eggs in bator now. Should hatch in 3 days. I like to hatch in October so they will start laying in April or so. Of course it is warm enough in central Alabama that I don't need heat in winters. Don't think I am new to chickens because 39 of mine are less than a year old. Have had chickens since the eighties except for 3 years after hurricane Opal blew down all our pecan trees and flattened the chicken coop killing all of them.

4. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Sounds like a win, win situation to me twist :ya

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  5. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Lol twist, thanks for the update. Sure would hate to have a fire. One was enough for the year.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  6. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    lol so we are all the newbies to chicken keeping then :lau

7. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Oh that is so sad Mare, especially about the babies. They are innocent bystanders in all of this ugliness. If a person wants to destroy their own life with drugs that is one thing, but to bring a baby into this world addicted is so not fair. Can the parent be charged with child abuse or endangerment if their baby is born addicted?

8. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Good News the well man is out at the farm soon all the hydrants will be working. [​IMG]

9. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    More good news I don't have to take a Priest out to the farm to exhorize Robert's demons. The bleeding from the ear has stopped .

10. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    More more good news [​IMG] The coffee is starting to kick in. I can now see more of what's in front of me rather then just the insides of my eye lids. To bad the first thing I saw was a reflection on myself in the mirror. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by