grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Camping very unique looking hen. Kind of looks like you held her by her tail and back of the neck as you dipped her in to the dye bucket. [​IMG]

2. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    :lau thanks for clearing that up twist.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  3. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    That is terrible. Sure wish there was a way to put a stop to all of this. It was so much better in the 70s and 80s here.

4. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

If you use a lrghorn, use any color but white. White Leghorns eggs have a dominate white coating or something. When I crossed my Araucana rooster, the pullets with the brown momas laid a pretty blue egg. The pullets from the white leghorn hen laid a pale pale blue egg. Just a heads up for you.

5. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA

6. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    :woot :ya

7. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Uh Oh ~ where's granny today?? Wondering what little caper she is getting herself into today :lau

What small creature is she rescuing today? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Ya just never know with granny :lau

8. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    BESTEST news Granny is coming to see me. She will be here sometime Next Friday evening. [​IMG][​IMG]

The screaming you are all hearing is my bank account. [​IMG] EFT'd Granny's soon to be ex 1/2 of the money Sigh sure hope she's worth it. [​IMG] He will get the other 1/2 upon delivery.

9. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    I think her hubby had doctoring stuff to do today.

10. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I put Emily out by herself in the tractor. She seems to be doing really well! She's hopping, running, and flying pretty well. Yesterday I picked her up and the foot on the injured leg weakly gripped my fingers, so she's getting some strength. I think having more room for "chicken activities" will help her gain strength.

I put Pigeon (my crooked-necked SS pullet) in the tractor because they're about the same size. But Pigeon started jumping on Emily's back, so I took her back out. I expected a few pecks and some posturing, but that was a little too much.

If Emily can't make it into the tractor loft, I may try to bring her back in. I don't want her to be too cold alone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by