grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I'm sure her husband has his hands full.

2. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I was wondering that too. I am glad no priest had to come .

3. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy Premium Member

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    I'm sure, he's probably so easy going that whatever granny says is OK. My hubby was like that in the very first part of our marriage. Didn't take him long though to start being the boss :th

4. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy Premium Member

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Well my lunch is over, better get back to my chores. Have a great afternoon everyone. Can't wait to get back on later tonight to see what granny got herself into today :duc :lau

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  5. jane s chickens

jane s chickens Chicken Obsessed

Nov 10, 2014
    Alabama
    Don't know how long u have had chickens Lisa. My first ones were brought home from husband's aunt Flora's farm. She gave us moma hen and 12 chicks that had just hatched. She gave me something every time we visited her. Sure miss having people like that. Also has an elderly man in church that loved for me to bring my 3 kids to see him. Insisted on us taking home veggies from his garden every time. Those were the good old days-1980's.

1 person likes this.
  6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Jane, after thinking about the shell color genes..... When you cross chickens with blue genes with chickens with a brown coating gene, the resulting chickens only get one blue gene for their shell color. So I am thinking if you cross that chicken with a leghorn you may get a blue egg, but you may not. IF the brown coating gene gets lost in the cross you would get a blue egg. But if the white gene dilutes the blue gene and the brown gene, you will get a pretty mint green egg.

I am by no means an expert on egg shell color genes, but, I think I understand well enough to explain what you wanted to know. If you find out my information is incorrect, please let me know!

7. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    he claims all he did was wash his ear with a washcloth.

8. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I sure miss the 80s . I know it's my age but I loved the music then. Hair bands where great. But I really miss the way people behaved. Me and my cousin walked everywhere in the neighborhood. There was always a basketball or football game that we could join in. Mama had to threaten to beat us to get us to come in at night. I feel sorry for my 19 year old son that never got to experience a game of spotlight. Or see kids playing games that he could join in.

1 person likes this.
  9. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Now chicken lady you know that y'all women just let us think we're the boss :lol:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  10. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I've always wanted a chicken with blue jeans. :gig

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by