grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I was thinking more along the lines of one biting someones @ss if they mess with the family

2. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    yup

3. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    just a guess with the little bit of info we have, a rock stuck in the crop causing it to starve

4. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I was thinking that she needed someone with experience. That's not me. I hope it's not. It just made me think of my first post and couldn't wait for someone to give me a clue about what to do.

5. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    I've never heard of a rock getting stuck. One more thing that can go wrong!

2 people like this.
  6. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I know the kinda day your having. Same here. Hope you stay safe. Who was it that said they had family at Chesapeake bay?

7. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i have never heard it before either but with them guys ANYthing is possible. she said hard lump in crop. green poop starving.

9. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Forgot you are in the path of the rain too. There are probably more. Looks like a big storm.

10. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Hi Jane, I have only had chickens going on 2 years now. So I am a newbie lol. I do grow a large garden every year, can many items & sell my extras on our farm stand. This year we put eggs on the stand & that has been a real hit. I make all kinds of fruit preserves for us & to sell on the stand. I have 3 brother-in-laws that have bees, so no shortage of honey to sell. A friend of ours does maple syrup so that gets sold on the stand as well. We live in an area were tourism is very popular, many people looking for MI made products to purchase as gifts for others. Summers always seem so short due to it being a very busy time with the garden & veggie stand. Love the slowness of winter, but I just don't like having snow for 3-4 months of the year lol. I just want my cake and to eat it too :gig I am a mother of 2 grown daughters & a grandmother to 3. Two boys & 1 girl. Ages: 13, 22 months & 2 months old. They are the light of my life. I have been married to a wonderful, hard working man for 31 years. For many years I have worked self employment in order to be able to make my own schedule. This allowed me to be home with my children when they were young, to be able to help with the care of my grandma & my father before they passed. And to be a full time nanny to my granddaughter when she was young. My social security check is going to be pitiful, but I wouldn't change that part of my life for a million dollars. I'm so glad you have joined us [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by