grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

No clue. I'd give the eggs away or feed back before I'd sell that cheap! Cheapest I found cartons was $.50. Feed is $3. per chicken per mo. In So Cal, plain store eggs are $5/dz. Certified organic go for $6.-$7 at the farmers market (to sell you have to get all kinds of licences and certifications) We sell under the radar, but way too many neighbors sell for 3 bucks a dz. [​IMG]I don't get that my eggs are fresher and healthier but my neighborhood farmers undersell the stores?
    I hope you read my post. [​IMG]

2. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Thanks! :love The little one was leading us with his map. Precious.

This is my first pair! I don't mind stuff between my toes but I have degeneration in the bones of my feet. So these will have limited use, which means they'll last forever!! :weee

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Love blue eyed dogs !
    I dont know what post you are talking about mutt ? I read them all today but not remembering all. LOL

4. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

enola, grandson looks like a great kid. What's childhood for if you can't get completely filthy?  :D

When my kids were little, I made sure they wer clean when they went to bed!

Thank you all for the compliments on Ryan! He is a beautiful, sweet, bull headed bundle of love and joy! He takes after his father (who takes after me!)

5. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Also (you probably know this) tevas and chacos both have styles without the toe thing. There's always a rift in the staff over which is the most appropriate version. :lau

6. Mutt Farm

You SO nailed it Wishing. What treatment protocol is reasonable for the typical pet owner?

7. Mutt Farm

We used a cavatron scraper with water, just like human dentists. Vet would pull anything dead or really loose for a few extra bucks back in the day.

8. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    terrible about star. Shed probably have all four of her leg if it weren't for the vet.

9. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    :lau Roost if you have to ask what he's doing you'd better get pen & paper to take notes :gig

1 person likes this.
  10. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    my cat, Binks got it by a coyote on the weekend. he was so bad I was asking about having him put down. couple vets I called said they wanted $500.00 to do it ! I about had a cow. the one i took him to decided we could save him ALL the skin was gone off his side and canine marks were in his ribs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by