grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Well, he can reach the counters from a sitting position. Also he doesn't know to keep his paws down. Also he doesn't understand "no."

so in other words he is all BOY

2 people like this.
  2. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

No other dogs on that property, but lots around. I really felt bad for the guy: he said that he was on crutches until recently and the dog was too strong for him to handle on crutches. He is in the process of switching jobs and moving, and the dog was staying at another property, which is where the mosquitoes and heart worms came in to play. So I'm choosing to believe that he was trusting someone to care for his dog, and was devastated when he saw the condition the pup was in. He seemed straightforward and honest, and it was clear that the dog was really bonded to him.

So we're just going to give him eggs and beef hearts on his kibble until he bulks back up. He's already had a bowl of food (that Jewel didn't finish) and two cookies. :love

Also, my last lab was always an inside or leash-only boy for his whole life til we moved here. Well here he could run all he wanted. He dropped so much weight that I could see the ridges of his spine. We were up to 8 cups of food a day trying to beef him up. He was just running and swimming from dawn til dusk. After a few months he slowed down. ;)

Regardless of why that old pup is so skinny, he's with us and will be well-cared for from now on. :love

3. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Lol thanks for the threatened hug :lau twist I think you could make a British soldier laugh. (Ain't that the ones that just stand there and don't move?) I've always wondered about that. What happens if a war breaks out in front of them? Do they still just stand there?

4. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    That sounds about right.

5. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Not quite 8 is what we were told. I'm going to give h a December birthday. :D

6. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Take a closeup pic of the back teeth from the front and the side. Just pull his lips back so I can see how much crud. I might be able to confirm the age.

7. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Camping no matter how he's been treated, I know he'll be happy with y'all. And from the looks of it and what you said about him, I imagine he'll be a little spoiled too.

8. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

I will! Later. His teeth look pretty gross. Like green and nubby. His teeth look much much worse than the last old dog we had. :(

9. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Sorry you're feeling poorly Red. Bet the emotions of losing your grandma have caught up. [​IMG] I was little numb when my mom died, and the next week, the numbness wore off and the slightest little thing would make me cry. I'm tearing up right now and it's been 8 years. Add on chronic back pain and not being able to work and you just go ahead and cry. [​IMG] Meanwhile we'll be here to support you and try to cheer you up. [​IMG] Go sit in the sun for awhile. You might be low in vitamin D.

10. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Camping maybe when you get them cleaned they'll look good as new. I'm sure they'll be worn some because of his age. He's a bit thin but he's pretty dog. You couldn't ask for a friendlier breed. And they're very smart too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by