grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Not a dumb question at all. They use dogs quite a bit to help with autism symptoms. I hope I word this correctly, as I'm not a Dr or special ed teacher. The autistic I've seen, can become quite frustrated with noises, change, unfamiliarity etc. They use them a lot to disrupt tantrums or outbursts, just as they would a PTSD meltdown. For younger children, they are taught to "ground" when out in public, they can be tethered to the child (just a leash snapped to a beltloop) to prevent bolting. Trained to push an alarm or bark if a door opens. Trained to snuggle up during an outburst, so much more. What we can't train is the best part, the miracle of the bond and the unspoken language. Many autistics are barely or non-verbal. So are the dogs. They communicate on a level that we don't quite understand, but they do. Often, a dog is the only one that understands them and their moods.

1 person likes this.
  2. jane s chickens

jane s chickens Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2014
    Alabama
    [​IMG]

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG] Much respect to you mutt.

4. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Look at that face on Magic! What a sweetheart. Dan won't be able to resist him!

The doctor I went to today has the 12 year old version of Magic in his office waiting room. Zen is a greeter, so calm and sweet. He lays down a lot, though. There is another smaller female version too, Beni (for Benicia). She's 2 yrs and beautiful! Doctor with dogs like that must be a good guy!

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    so do you want to tell what the dr said ???

6. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Runners are very good layers. My blue is friendly because we raised her in the house for the first few months. The ones I got as adults, not so much but some are starting to eat out of my hands. They lay a light green egg. Marilyn has given me an egg every say since she started. She's 8 months old now.

7. Mutt Farm

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]My neighbor has hogs, goats and chickens. He gets 55 gal drums of fermented whatever they make beer out of from the local breweries. No wonder they are so quiet!

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    so even ducks lay colored eggs ?? [​IMG]

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    hops LOL probably NOT for the chickens.

10. Mutt Farm

They sure look healthy with such pretty feathering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by