grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
been craving soup ever since you made some . LOL
I don't care if I never see soup again, lol. Last weekend was the big soup stew chili thing here in town and our agency participated. I peeled 30 lbs of potatoes and made so much soup.........but, hey if they are going to pay me too do spuds and scrub pots I'll take it! They picked some weird beer, cheese,tatos recipe to use...smelled awful.

They will be fine at 6 weeks, they all are production breeds. I have Silkies at 4wks & 3 weeks that momma is taking out in 40* weather. The crazy thing is, is that I hardly ever see them go under her for warmth. I am a firm believer that we probably coddle our babies too much. They are healthier & stronger chicks raised by momma.

Yep, yep and yep! I am anti coddle.

Ohhh you're around superior? Haven't done much along the American side but the Canadian side of superior is gorgeous...done some hiking and road trips round there
Depending on which direction we head (north, northwest, etc.) we're 1 1/2 to 2 hours away. This side is beautiful. The Apostle Islands state park is well worth the boat trip and in winter when you can get to the ice caves (like last year) is just magical. The towns along the south shore like Marquette are like visiting New England. Only seen the northern side of the lake from the bridge or the Locks but it looks beautiful.

They will be fine at 6 weeks, they all are production breeds. I have Silkies at 4wks & 3 weeks that momma is taking out in 40* weather. The crazy thing is, is that I hardly ever see them go under her for warmth. I am a firm believer that we probably coddle our babies too much. They are healthier & stronger chicks raised by momma.

i believe thats true ..the ones i ordered..i raised.but i couldn't teach them what chicken mommy could like which weeds not to eat..and they act scared to death when they are outside..

I don't care if I never see soup again, lol. Last weekend was the big soup stew chili thing here in town and our agency participated. I peeled 30 lbs of potatoes and made so much soup.........but, hey if they are going to pay me too do spuds and scrub pots I'll take it! They picked some weird beer, cheese,tatos recipe to use...smelled awful.
Sorry Mare, don't think I want anything hoppy tasting in my potato soup. Hate the taste of hoppy beer, so I definitely don't want to ruin a good pot of soup with it :sick

Last edited:
200 POSTS.

I woke up at 2 am to read a few pages. All caught up now.

Granny: could your meds be making you thirsty?

Jane: 50 this morning! That was a nice surprise.

Can't remember what else... That's what I get for sleep reading. Morning all.

I woke up at 12 and read for an hour to catch up.

i have read all morning..finally caught up..i'm always late but congrats wishing and dh..granny you and twist had me laughing so hard..if laughter is the best medicine i'm cured ..

You wouldn't like my husbands side of the family at Thanksgiving then. We have to peel 30 pounds of potatoes for mashed potatoes. 3-20# plus turkeys & the largest ham you can find. It is terribly overwhelming. That's just for the immediate family. I've been in the family 31 years & I still want to hide :oops:

It's been too hot for soup here. Maybe we will get a rocking El Niño and I'll have more soup weather later...we do need the precipitation that's for sure!

Getting ready for work get a call from mil followed by a text or call me. Sigh. Why can't she just say what she wants it makes me feel like being called in to the principals office....you know it's never going to end good!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom