grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    We're having chicken noodle tonight. 2 lunch size containers of the potato & ham soup left. Bigger pot of chicken noodle so may get 2 dinners out of it & some lunch containers.

2. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Well soups gone, now I gotta go to work lol. Belly feels like a nap instead :lau

3. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

Hi all!
    first, I am totally pro coddle, tho I must admit I do have them out onto real ground before most but they're in my collapsible puppy playpen [​IMG]

I am a PROUD lefty BTW.

That soup is sounding good! DH just popped the last of the chili from supper into the microwave and I think I need to check the freezer for something yummy. Earned a good lunch after spending the last hour + pruning the the small oaks and the apple trees in the lower "yard" area with a pruning saw. I have to pick up a new pair of loppers before I tackle limbing up all white pines near the house and out in the field. They all should of been done last fall but I didn't get em done before my accident so now it's twice the work. Oh well, not going to complain for sure. This granny had her doubts I would ever be able to get out there again at all without "wheels" so I am surely not going to curse the blessing!

4. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    It was 50 this morning, but high of 90 today. That's the worst. I had my hopes up for fall!

5. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    oh no, that sounds wonderful, I love cooking (even huge amount like that), but this soup was nasty

6. chickisoup

WOW! 50 is our high for today and we're looking at rain then snow tomorrow. Which all the chatter reminds me, tomorrow will be a great day to put some chicken stock into the jars. Might go into town this afternoon instead.

7. chickisoup

8. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Oh man. I got my side of the family is all in Ottawa (Ontario) land, hubs' fam is split between here and more NorCal, there is no big family shenanagins.

Just the "adoptive" family shenanagins (he goes and we join another fam jam for turkey in the desert...good times)

9. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Oooh, what do you make? I love cooking big mountains of French toast for a camp full of people.

10. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    same here....what I would give to be close enough toany of our family to enjoy such madness. Growing up family was all nearby our big ones were thanksgiving and then huge reunions and picnics all summer long. All of both my family and DH are back west, white alone or here so it's always been just the four of us on the holidays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by