grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    We're not close to anyone. We're Louisiana-to-Iowa from DH's family, and mine are all 3 hours+ away. We take turns meeting up for holidays. This year is LA thanksgiving, IA Christmas.

2. jane s chickens

jane s chickens Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2014
    Alabama

Think 2 of my pullets and a cockeriel are california greys. Crossed lh roo X br hen

3. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow. I'm on 19841. Ya'll were busy! I'm [​IMG] reading. BBL.

4. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    while the initial crossing was lhxbr, the cg is a stand alone breed, vs a continued hybrid crossing.

5. jane s chickens

jane s chickens Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2014
    Alabama

I agree Ol Mare. I don t coddle. I put up tarps on north and west sides of pen and carry hot water out 3X a day if below freezing.

6. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Oy. .....sometimes I think DD will never win with DH. So, she took DS up to her place Monday night and was to bring him back tomorrow after work. Well,today she gets word of a great inspection tomorrow and a lot of her gear is at our house (came home from training with her after the accident and she hadn't taken it up to be place yet since she's restricted duty and can't do any of the things they do that uses said gear ). Long story short,simple answer is bring ds home a day early (tonight) and get her great, right? DH sends me this pissy text about how "your daughter is changing plans once again".....I just don't see the big deal, sigh. I mean, a little spaciness and scatter brain is to be expected, especially now.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mutt Farm

That was a great read! Last night was comedy central! [​IMG] Granny and Twist were wound up! Loved Red's zingers! The ladies were holding their own too!
    [​IMG] on the long marriages! DH and I will be 25 yrs together in March. Poor tolerant man. Camping, and chicki, can't wait to see new babies! And BTW,chicki, cute pup, how to you find her in the snow? What's an Aussie? And [​IMG] Go lefties!
    Loved the stories about the leaves, and the big holiday dinners. [​IMG]. It's tough when families are so spread out. Sounds like Prostar does the Ca Thanksgiving in the desert. Glamus?
    Time to get busy again, union break over. I know I didn't mention everybody but I enjoyed every post and every story. Enjoy your day.

8. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  9. Mutt Farm

Beautiful pictures! Is this at your place or your Dad's? I have a thing for old barns. I'd bet that redwood is worth a fortune! How nice to have deer right out in your yard.

10. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    That's on the homestaed farm where I grew up. 30+ acres. My dad still lives there. Mom passed some years back. Only a few miles away from where I live now. Unfortunately, dad doesn't want any roosters around him, or I would have about 1000 chickens up there! [​IMG]

Oh, the redwood is old growth, all fine straight grain. No more dogs around since mom is gone, so the deer moved right in.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by