grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
ol mare, any time you are missing your family and feel like cooking a big meal, well, I am not that far away !!! was just thinking how good some beef stew and cornbread sounded .. I made spaghetti and dumped a whole box of noodles with one of those BIG cans of sauce and only a lb. of hamburger that you couldnt find in there so I took my summer sausage and added it. hahhaaa

ol mare, any time you are missing your family and feel like cooking a big meal, well, I am not that far away !!!  was just thinking how good some beef stew and cornbread sounded .. I made spaghetti and dumped a whole box of noodles with one of those BIG cans of sauce and only a lb. of hamburger that you couldnt find in there so I took my summer sausage and added it. hahhaaa 

That sounds awesome! We're having spaghetti squash regardless of all protests! :lau I'm going to put Alfredo sauce and sautéed mushrooms. Should work, right?

Mmmm, sounds good. I'm getting hungry now.

granny, remind me again. You have the white pullet Polish, but what color is your male Polish? Is it just the two?

Can't beat Yukon Gold! They are healthier too, lower glycemic index.
I have serious duck envy right now! More pics please!

Thank you! This thread is a great mood lifter.
smile.png

News keeps saying that most of the El Nino rain is going to be in southern CA. Not fair!!! No snow in the Sierra up here is going to mean a lot of empty reservoirs. Glad we have a well. Hope we get some rain too!

MIL.... I feel your pain!

Lefty!!!
highfive.gif
Agree about coddling. I let the Seramas raise their chicks, and they are wild things. Will brooder raise any chicks (or duckinglings!) in future to have them a little tamer, especially since I have relatively few. My chicks are outside in a ground cage the first week if it's warm enough.

Glad you are walking and able to get things done. Usually I can justify slacking off on what needs doing, but now that I'm really limited with my bum shoulder, it's bugging me that there's so much to do.

Same here, but not so cold overnight. This is supposed to be the best month weather-wise. Just too farging hot for Oct. Lots of animals getting hit on the road looking for water. Even the bigger creeks are dry now. My dad keeps water out up at his place. He's had the same family of deer up there for years, and wants to give them a chance. They can repopulate the valley I guess. The matriarch is a beautiful big girl.

You'll have to enlarge it, but there are 3 of the pet deer.

Here's the old barn. I spent a lot of time in that barn. All redwood and over 100 yrs old.

i love old barns..i had one at the place i lived before that my grandpa built..i use to play in the barn when i was little..state bought my home and land for a new road..broke my heart..i wanted to move the barn too but i have no room here for it...

I dont miss my so called family. is that terrible ? just the ones that have past over. i dont have much left anyway. 4 sisters .

Mmmm, sounds good. I'm getting hungry now.

granny, remind me again. You have the white pullet Polish, but what color is your male Polish? Is it just the two?

2 roos tolbunt and candy corn, hens are , white one, candy corn, 2 tolbunts, silver laced. candy corn roo is weak colored. more white then anything but does have the pattern .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom