grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    barn makes me home sick. I am so very close though. it helps that this place looks so much like home.

3. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I wonder too especially the white one. more then likely it will be an all out orgy though. the candy has a head start with the other candy and the silver. tolbunt young and low on the totem pole.

4. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    I am a home body, so it's nice that I am still so close. The old farmhouse is still there too, but my folks built a newer house up near the barn. My bro and sis and I have been trying to decide if we will keep the property when the day comes. No decisions yet, but we are all getting older and it's an awful lot of work to keep it up. Would be hard to sell it, though.

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    there are a couple things I have learned I cant live without. a van thats easy to get in and out of and a ranch style home. no stairs for me. not even at the front door. LOL

6. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Sometimes white is dominant. Not quite sure of the details, but sometimes white acts to cover other color genes, so all offspring end up white. Other type of white is typical recessive, no white offspring if bred to a bird without white gene, but all chicks will carry a white copy. Probably got some of that wrong...

Orgy sounds more fun for them and lot less work for you! Babies will be cute no matter what.

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    she has (hidden) one almost grey feather in her top knot. so I doubt if she is dominate . that would be nice though. i really like the white and she is very soft too. 2 colors i dont have is gold laced and buff but for some reason I dont care for the buff. it has to wow me . I am all about that color . not so much form .

8. jane s chickens

jane s chickens Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2014
    Alabama

I wasn t arguing the continuing breed question. Just saying i hope i have bred some I don t have any white egg layers. I think with my 3 roos that the only way for me to have 2 barred pullets is that they are california grays. 3 roos are BO White LH and GLW.

9. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Most of the old farm is hilly. New house has about 8 steps up. Last year, about halfway up, dad took a dive off the steps, landing on concrete. He's 80+ yrs, got knocked out and banged up, but unbelievably, no broken bones, no lasting damage. See, that's what I mean when I say I got lucky with the genes. Dense bones and he doesn't have any health problems either, except for a bent up back. I just got lucky that way.

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    oh what a lucky guy ! i fell off my deck abot 2 1/2 stairs and broke my hip ! lol someone should build him a ramp. they are soo much easier. my DD house is steps and I cant visit unless i have someone to help me in the house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by