grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granny's gone to sleep, kill me now, but Lily is a Pit Bull Terrier mix. No wonder she's having trouble! 

I thought the same thing the first time I looked at the picture but then I researched mountain cur dogs. The breed originated from a hound terrier mix. They are suppose to be really smart. Very interesting breed.

Last edited:

My eggs from MPC came yesterday.

So glad to hear all this. That church lady who said labs were untrainable past a certain age had me worried.

Actually, I've really gotten a surprising amount of criticism for adopting a senior dog. Thickening my skin for the day I start adopting teens, I guess.
Nothing wrong with adopting senior dogs. They need homes and love just like the others. How's yours coming along camping?

all caught up. I think that Red has this contest in the bag. but who knows. I have an "evil" cow and if she keeps it up she's gonna be dinner. Chasing a couple other cows away from Porter and anything else she feels like. Nasty Witch.

Subject of the tan m & m's I hated that color look like turdletts . Green and Blue were my favs'

is that one granny?

Nothing wrong with adopting senior dogs. They need homes and love just like the others. How's yours coming along camping?

I haven't had much time to work with him. :oops: My house is such a wreck I can't let him out for long, and I can't leave him outside if the chickens are ranging. So he's been in the crate more than I like, but I don't think he's holding it against me.

I need to take him on a good long hike every day. I just need to get some time. When I get overwhelmed I tend to hunker down and focus ONLY on the pressing task. I only have two stops today, so I'm hoping I can get the house picked up again.

Rir is right. Older dogs need their lovin too!

Morning all, KLUCKENS have been released, dog of questionable breeding has been fed, and hubs has his lunch packed and is out the door.

Hubs pays the bills, he has an actual big kid job (whereas mine is part time minimum wage right now). But....as much as I've been trying to explain to him the buffer thing, he gets money and MUST SPEND IT. oh look stuff on sale at harbor freight and summit and must get this that and the other for projects and vehicles. We went into the weekend having a decent amount of money in the bank account and now that's all gone. We only have a savings cause I made him get one (I have a secret savings too off "my" account - aka the joint account my pay goes into that more often than not lately pays for food on the table and tool truck payments etc cause he spent too darned much). He's wanting to get this truck off a tree trimming company to beat on in the desert...Not happening. Fix the truck you have sitting in pieces first daggum.

Bah.

We have some friends who are selling their house and upsizing. He's all "oh how can they afford that I make more than they do"

Well, he got that house using some insurance money as a down payment from what I hear. They've had renters in there who would be paying the mortgage and then some from what they're charging for rent. Maybe his wife is a bit better at keeping him in line on projects than I am. And when I mention this to him he just assumes that some family member on their side is giving them money. Uh. Probably not; they're probably just crunching numbers decently.

Aka guess what honey we could have had a place of our own too if you didn't piss all our money away on crap. (Don't get me wrong the place we're renting is pretty sweet., but it's just a rental. We're not building equity. There's no mortgage payment tax write off.)

Sigh. Back in the motherland, I had a good job as a legal assistant. Owned my own house (okay mortgaged to the hilt but lol). Had a new car (oh my little Mazda 3 I do miss thee). Never had to worry about how I'd pay bills/feed myself/feed the dog/afford normal freaking vet bills (yep my girl is very overdue right now...)

Now...I'm back to driving an old Volvo that rattles, leaks oil, leaks coolant somewhere (least it's a slow leak), sunroof doesn't work, ac system has something silly in it...oh yeah being married to a mechanic...he's too distracted by his own projects. As the cobbler's children go barefoot, the mechanic's wife drives a pile. And I'm working part time as a retail monkey making minimum wage. I find myself having to transfer money from our savings (at least I told him I implemented a rule - if I have to do that we are repaying it x2 the next pay) just so payments don't bounce/bills get paid/we have food on the table. I'm looking for another job - but so far it's been radio silence and that's been rather discouraging. I'm also concerned if I get a better paying job that's more of the household stuff I'll be covering cause he'll go hog wild on the projects. Oh yeah. When I first started working it was supposed to be so we could save some money, I could get myself some clothes and stuff without guilt, feed for critters, etc. yeah, seems to be more my pay goes towards household goods, there is some me stuff, but not much makes it to savings :(

Oh. And he's already been trying to lay claim to my much delayed tax return (which I should be getting next month, blame Canada they take forever on ex pat returns!) um, no sweetie, the loonie is in the crapper, I'll be sending it back to my mom so she can deposit it in my Canadian account I still have...and we can have spending money whenever we go visit there or wait until the loonie is stronger cause I don't fancy losing at least a third of it on conversion.

He has no retirement plans. I keep harassing him to talk to his boss to see if they have any kind of 401k matching or something but he never does. I had retirement funds but I sadly had to cash them out to cover my losses when I moved down here (lost money on the house, lost money on the car, had some debts to pay...)

I'm honestly thinking I need to totally lose my ish on him or something. I've tried the talking. He just doesn't seem to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom