grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Yes they do honey, my daughter got shingles a couple days after the birth of her second child. He was a high risk pregnancy & delivery. Hope you get to feeling better enola.

We have missed you terribly. Since things are crazy in the neighborhood & you have put in for a transfer with your work. Does this mean you & Mike are moving somewhere else? I blame it on CRS, but what is your gd back in the hospital with. I'm realizing as I am typing this that probably you have answer theses question further down ha ha. I will pursue reading the remainder of posts. So happy :celebrate your back on :hugs

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

According to my Dr, the only way it is contagious, is if someone fingers any weeping sores. I took antiviral medications for 7 days, so my lesions never opened up and seeped. However, the antivirals don't do anything for the pain.

I have been in lots of different painful situations, the pain from shingles tops any pain I have EVER had.......

3. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    :celebrate

4. enola

It is good to be back, I worried about some of you while I was gone. I wondered about the rest of you...... I will get the posts read eventually....

My shingles have begun flaking off like sun burn. So now, I have pain with itching on top. And now I discover that I am not nimble enough to get any anti itch cream on part of my back.

Let me take this opportunity to urge you to get the shingles vaccination that Terry Bradshaw is advertising.

5. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Enola can I get a shot that will stop them from ever coming back? I've had them and they are terribly painful on my chin and on my leg. Both swelled up too. Is it common that they come up in the same place every time?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  6. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    I've managed to catch up for the moment, but have to run for now. Shower & shave for my complete physical in a 1 1/2 hours. Take care & behave yourselves while I'm gone :lau

7. enola

I was told shingles only happens once....... I sure do hope so!!

However, I got mumps twice when I was a kid. So I am not holding my breath.

8. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I just got a couple of boards drug around to the swing set and remembered I wanted to boil some effort my chickens. Here's another stupid question. I've worked the chickens. That's from the eggs I'm boiling now. I can't eat them because these eggs are the ones I collected after worming. I worm them today for the last time. Can they eat the eggs and take the safeguard later today? I don't want to over dose them. And also, today's last dose of safeguard . I'm not eating their eggs until after two weeks from today. All the eggs that I collect in the next two weeks, should I not feed those too the chickens. If I do feed it to them, can I start back eating their eggs after a couple of weeks even though I'll be feeding the eggs that have safeguard in them ? I don't want to just chunk em. Can I feed them to my dogs? I hope y'all can make since out of my jumble.

9. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    My doctor told me that they can happen anytime the rest of tour life. Whatever this is that I'm getting comes back usually once a year. My grandma was diagnosed with them and she had them several times that I recall . They are so painful. Do you swell where they're at?

10. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    [​IMG]

I missed the snow talk...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by