grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twist I have depression too. Just take your meds and talk to us.

Colder weather sets of my arthritis. I suggest we all have a contest to see who is owee of the day.

Nobody has offended me and you should see comments on at least one other thread on BYC. We're ok.

Yahoooooo! I am back.......
1f607.png

Only 230 pages to catch up on. A lot has happened here. We have had two frosts! I am on day 11 of shingles........ I have put in a transfer at my job........ My sewer has malfunctioned......... Someone new has moved into the neighborhood, they are letting their dogs run loose...... My granddaughter is in the hospital for the third time........ Mike's feet are much better........

Today's plan is doing laundry, getting some heaters out of storage so I don't freeze to death, trying to catch up on here and make a pot of soup. But, mostly, I will be trying to ignore the pain from the shingles and not bite Mike's head off.

It's good to be back, I really missed you guys!

Does shingles count as an owie??
Yes they do honey, my daughter got shingles a couple days after the birth of her second child. He was a high risk pregnancy & delivery. Hope you get to feeling better enola.

We have missed you terribly. Since things are crazy in the neighborhood & you have put in for a transfer with your work. Does this mean you & Mike are moving somewhere else? I blame it on CRS, but what is your gd back in the hospital with. I'm realizing as I am typing this that probably you have answer theses question further down ha ha. I will pursue reading the remainder of posts. So happy :celebrate your back on :hugs

yup its the chicken pox virus . stay away from pregnant women , people that had the chicken pox but not shinglyes can catch it but its at certain times of the illness.

According to my Dr, the only way it is contagious, is if someone fingers any weeping sores. I took antiviral medications for 7 days, so my lesions never opened up and seeped. However, the antivirals don't do anything for the pain.

I have been in lots of different painful situations, the pain from shingles tops any pain I have EVER had.......

morning all !  had some catching up to do.  Glad your back Enola :hugs shingles !  you win. enola got the chicken pox :eek:  
Mutt, thank you for thinking of me with Twist but I cant afford all that and no one else can either . flying dogs is very expensive  . ok I am picturing a dog with wings now. LOL  Red, you have 10 now !!! 
:celebrate

It is good to be back, I worried about some of you while I was gone. I wondered about the rest of you...... I will get the posts read eventually....

My shingles have begun flaking off like sun burn. So now, I have pain with itching on top. And now I discover that I am not nimble enough to get any anti itch cream on part of my back.

Let me take this opportunity to urge you to get the shingles vaccination that Terry Bradshaw is advertising.

It is good to be back, I worried about some of you while I was gone. I wondered about the rest of you...... I will get the posts read eventually....

My shingles have begun flaking off like sun burn. So now, I have pain with itching on top. And now I discover that I am not nimble enough to get any anti itch cream on part of my back.

Let me take this opportunity to urge you to get the shingles vaccination that Terry Bradshaw is advertising.
Enola can I get a shot that will stop them from ever coming back? I've had them and they are terribly painful on my chin and on my leg. Both swelled up too. Is it common that they come up in the same place every time?

Last edited:
I've managed to catch up for the moment, but have to run for now. Shower & shave for my complete physical in a 1 1/2 hours. Take care & behave yourselves while I'm gone :lau

I just got a couple of boards drug around to the swing set and remembered I wanted to boil some effort my chickens. Here's another stupid question. I've worked the chickens. That's from the eggs I'm boiling now. I can't eat them because these eggs are the ones I collected after worming. I worm them today for the last time. Can they eat the eggs and take the safeguard later today? I don't want to over dose them. And also, today's last dose of safeguard . I'm not eating their eggs until after two weeks from today. All the eggs that I collect in the next two weeks, should I not feed those too the chickens. If I do feed it to them, can I start back eating their eggs after a couple of weeks even though I'll be feeding the eggs that have safeguard in them ? I don't want to just chunk em. Can I feed them to my dogs? I hope y'all can make since out of my jumble.

I was told shingles only happens once....... I sure do hope so!!

However, I got mumps twice when I was a kid. So I am not holding my breath.
My doctor told me that they can happen anytime the rest of tour life. Whatever this is that I'm getting comes back usually once a year. My grandma was diagnosed with them and she had them several times that I recall . They are so painful. Do you swell where they're at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom