grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Granny, look at it this way about Lilly.

You are caring for her but she is not working out and is too much for you to handle. If she hurts someone, they could sue you. Or what if she knocks you down and you break a couple bones? Or knocks Tom down. Didn't you just say you were both on blood thinners?

There are lots of other dogs. Find one that would be a better fit. You have done a good thing by taking her in. But when you got her, you took a home away from another dog. I know we want to rescue the ones with a sad story or a problem that no one else will deal with. There are other perfectly healthy, happy, friendly, well-mannered dogs out there. They are literally dying for a home. Please find one of those. Let Mutt help you. :hugs

2. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

sorry, just got back from shopping. What do you think?
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    That's too cute! -Kathy

4. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    You serious? If so where'd you get them? I wanna dress one of mine like the chick fillet cow and one as the aflac duck.

5. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    BAck and done for the day. Washed , gutted, baked, scraped out goodies , ran thru hand crank food mill , measured, mixed, and put into containers. Enough pumpkin pie mixture for 18 10 inch pies. Containers in freezer. Now when I want a pie make crust and eggs and evaporated milk and bake. Dishes done and kitchen cleaned. Done for a day or 2. Still have about as many pumpkins to do.

6. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    So taking a Poll I honestly want to know what you think....Talked to ins agent today I can insure the yaks for lightening, hail, fire, flood , drowning, accidental shooting by others This ins would cost about $350.00 a year YES or NO ??? Keep in mind I have $20,000.00 invested in the herd.

They now have liability ins for 99.00 a year if they get out and do damage to neighbors, fence, crops, a car hitting them or any other type of damage they might do while NOT on my property. Except for themselves.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  7. Mutt Farm

[​IMG]Why so sensitive? I've never read anything the slightest bit offensive or overbearing from you. I think, I hope, if we say something wrong someone will speak up. PM! Lord knows we get after each other in fun here. I see some folks on other threads that are [​IMG] and [​IMG] . I'm like geez louise! Shut it already! Then I realize I'm exactly the same! I regurgitate at the slightest prompt hoping for acceptance. I need to just shut up and read. you however are charming and funny!

8. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Thats to much work twist. I managed to go get the fencing for thawing coop. And a few odds and ends on it. Plan on starting on it good tomorrow . Hope I feel like it. I'd hate to have chickens running around the house. Wouldn't mind it though if pearl followed them around and cleaned up behind them.

9. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I would twist. You have a lot tied up in them. Imo.yes

10. Mutt Farm

I can't stop laughing long enough to type! [​IMG] Nope, not serious. I'd do it though. Bet you could find small dog costumes! That would be way funny!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by