grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dad used to like white bread with velveta , sliced dill pickles and mustard.      Of  fresh white bread butter and thinly sliced radishes and salt.     Back home a biggie for get togethers is brown bread with cheesewhiz and sliced green olives with pimentos in them. 

I'd eat that. growing up, I didn't know there was cheese other than velveta, or bread that wasn't white. .Love velveta. Can of chili, some buger, mix in velveta, can of chilies, heat it, tortilla chips! Nummers. 
That's the only way I eat velveta.

Last edited:
OK who started this food talk? Now I'm starving & need a snack
droolin.gif

I haven't even had dinner yet.

Quote: Yummy! It brings the Swede out in me. But I still can't eat lutefisk. LOL!

lutefisk is great/wonderful if you get some good stuff to start with and the its cooked right. I do mine in the microwave. After soaking it in water and changing the water multiple times for about 24 hours.

My Grandmother always said you couldn't trust a swede as they use to much all spice.
lau.gif
She was 1/2 dane and 1/2 norske
I have been trying for years to get that salted herring in the little keg here so I can make some herring. They look at me like I'm an idiot...
barnie.gif

Last edited:
I'm up emailing the t-shirt lady for the 5k. I finally got all the sponsors tallied: $2865 in monetary donations. That's FANTASTIC. HUGE RELIEF. Only need $135 to break last year's total, and that's without counting the race registrations or silent auction stuff. We're also going to have a bake sale and plate lunch.

Thanks everyone for your support. :hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom