grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Oy! Weather guy also reminded me that the clocks go back an hour tomorrow night. At least we get our hour back, but it still messes me up.

2. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Thank you so much wishing. It's not all scraps but a lot of it is. And my grandmother told me that when I went to her about a problem I was having, she'd say, son you're living the best days of your life right now and you don't even realize it. At that time I couldn't understand what she meant. Now years later, she's in heaven and I finally got old enough to understand what she meant. I miss that woman so much. We all know one special person like her. She was the type that no matter how bad you felt , just having her enter the room would instantly make you feel better. She was a comedian. She also knew the bible forward and backwards. Upside down and right side up. I miss nanny do much.

3. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    It's already getting dark to soon I love winter but I wish it would stay daylight longer.

4. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Red, your grandmother sounds like a wonderful person. I always think the best way we can honor our special loved ones is to try to be as much like them as we can. Tell her stories to your kids! [​IMG]

5. Tippylou

Tippylou Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jun 10, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    x2

6. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Well, guys, my computer is acting like it's ready to quit. So s l o w. Think I better shut it down before it dies. Hope you all have a good night and I'm sure I'll see you tomorrow! Nitey-nite!

7. Tippylou

Jun 10, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Sleep well, Wishing!

8. Tippylou

Jun 10, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm out also. Night everybuddy!

9. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    That's the truth wishing. You know all of her generations is almost left this world. We all could benefit from being like that generation. You know. Back when there was still morals and good behavior. Back before all the technology and other things that occupy our time. They went through the great depression and I think it made them stronger. My grandfather along with a few others was a ww2veteran. All of those young men at the time were eagerly go fight for our freedom. They keep themselves neat and worked very hard. Not only the vets but every one back then. They all had pride. One I see people walking around stores in their pajamas and underwear hanging out of the back of their pants. It just makes me sick that all those that have fought our battles so we could have freedom and what do a lot of us decide to do with it? Sit home and have 13 kids, living off the taxpayers. No wonder there's so many people walking around with their pants half way down. With all those kids, they don't have time to pull em up.

1 person likes this.
  10. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Sorry I took so long to post. Good night and sweet dreams all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by