grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Sorry to hear about your pigeon . At first glance I thought you said penguin. I was wondering where in the world you keep a penguin in Louisiana . I about had all kinda questions to ask about your penguin lol

2. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Goodnight mutt. Sleep well. And thanks for volunteering to take me as your pet. No promises about being house broken though. I sometimes feel the need to mark my territory.

3. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    All the talk about milk reminded me of my childhood when we lived in New Jersey. We had a milkman who would deliver a half gallon of milk in a glass bottle and put it in the metal milkbox on the front porch. The cream would all be floating up at the top of the bottle. Mom saved it for a while and put it in a jar and I got to shake it and make some butter. Mmmmmm...

When we moved to California, there was no milkbox, so I was confused about what I was going to put on my cereal. Then mom took me through the drive through dairy. You pulled your car up to the window and told them what you wanted, and they would pass it right out to you. As long as it was a dairy product. You could get those little cups of ice milk to eat with a wooden spoon. Mmmmm... Chocolate pleeeeeese.

4. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Congrats Kathy. Did they tell you who sent You the calendar?

5. Tippylou

Tippylou Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jun 10, 2014
    San Antonio, TX

6. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    I heard on the radio about all the rain in Austin. 6" in an hour or something impossible like that! Crazy. I want rain badly, but that would be hard to take! You said it wasn't as bad where you are, so today was okay too? What do you do for work?

7. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Oh man we use to get those little ice milk in school. That little wooden spoon made it tastes so much better than a regular spoon. What happened to that good stuff.? I was in kindergarten at that time.

8. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Grrr! You're right! Can't find one down here.
    I just caught up too! Hope you enjoyed the trunk and treat. Nice to support g-ma. Drive safe in the am and we'll catch up later. Better read back, We're having a meet up at Twists! [​IMG]

9. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Man six inches of rain an hour? That's enough to flood anywhere I'd think. You sure you ok tippy.sorry everyone. I'm missing a lot of post.

10. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh my gosh. I'd forgotten. We had Farm Stores in Fla. Drive through for your milk, butter and ice cream. The little dealies with the wooden spoons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by