grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    good night tipps SDWF

2. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Hey Mutt, it worked! Just started raining pretty good. [​IMG]

3. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    By way, Tippy, forgot to say I like your new hat cat party cat avatar. Those Siamese can really yowl it up!

4. IceAngel

IceAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2013
    Well thank you all for the nice welcome. I am here courtesy of @NorthFLChick who gave me some valuable information in my "Stupid Questions Thread". Mostly it's not me asking the stupid questions, it's my Chihuahuas who like to dress up as farm animals, lol.

5. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Ooh, profound. That's pretty good, focus on what we can. Like that. I get caught up in what I should do, which is far too much, then I get bummed for failing, and don't do anything. How's that for a vicious cycle? [​IMG]

Hope I have one of those very good dreams. Heck, I hope everybody does!

6. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Granny and anyone else interested, sister just sent the recipe for the greek chicken soup. So easy and delicious.[​IMG] I promise, it's to die for and will cure the common cold, depression, or anything that could possibly ail you. Also just plain good on a blustery night. Making it tomorrow.

AVOGO LEMONO
    Use one nice big fat whole chicken. Simmer in chicken stock (or broth)with three medium or two large onions chopped up finely, and a tablespoon on minced garlic. Fortify the broth with a tablespoon of "better than bouillion" or Knorr's chicken base. Cook chicken until tender and all of the bones are cooked and have released the juices. Remove chicken and giblets and set aside to cool. Taste broth and add salt if needed. Turn off heat under broth and let it cool for about 3o minutes. While that cools scramble four extra large eggs, and juice 4 large lemons. Beat the lemon juice in to the eggs. Temper about a ladle or two or the broth very slowly in to the egg mixture carefully so you don't scramble the eggs. (that is why the broth has to cool some). Add the tempered egg, lemon and broth mixture back in to the pot. Make rice or orzo on the side or it gets too mushy cooked in the soup. Pick chicken meat, chop and add to the pot. Discard giblets and skin and bones.

1 person likes this.
  7. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    well I need to wrangle something up to eat and then rest my brain.

Will try for latter but no promises.

Sweet Dreams Warm Fuzzies and prayers for those in need. this means Tom and Mike especially.

1 person likes this.
  8. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Sweet dreams Twist.

Hi IceAngel. I love your doggy's skullcap! Did you make it? Do you have the tiny teacup Chihuahuas? You must have to protect them from the chickens. Couple of my hens will go after my big dog. Some chickens aren't very smart.

9. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

My computer is acting quite temperamental. freezing, won't load pages. 1 minute to load, wouldn't load my other email for the recipie. Had to boot up the office computer and FWD. GAAAHHHH Neet to shut down reset modum and wi-fi, clear browser and reboot. Just in case I can't get back, , Hi Angel, nite everyone that is nodding off. Sleep well and hope you have a great tomorrow Hopefully i'll brb [​IMG]

10. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    hahaa, me too !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by