grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh...maybe I should have just flagged it rather than trying to explain. There were 2 other posts ahead of mine, so I thought it'd be ok as long as I was polite. Makes sense though, if they removed the mean post they would remove the rest pertaining to it.

2. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    That's a great shot! I love the dark bay color. Riding was not a priority for my parents, so no training or lessons were offered, although I would have liked it. My dad had dreams of becoming a big time breeder, but so many of the horses he took in were more rescue types- neurotic, starving, old, head shy, high strung... not much to work with for trail riding, but all had good bloodlines. At one time, we had 14 horses, 5 of them foals, so caring for them was time consuming. Cara was very calm and would let me ride her, but we had a stallion (and a very small pony stallion for teasing) and you had to be careful about where you went or if the mare was in heat, so it ended up being too difficult given the layout of our hilly little farm. The track is a cruel place, and I was glad when my dad started focusing on selling the yearlings for hunter-jumpers. We would do the greenbreaking, get them used to tack and a person on their back (me!), so I learned how to jump off an unhappy horse more than properly ride! Good memories, but I guess I had my fill as a kid, because I've never wanted a horse as an adult. I know how much work it is!

3. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I would still move her. I've seen lots of cracked eggs from someone trying to lay in the broody's best.

Be sure to candle if you're keeping eggs that she's already been setting.

4. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    No you weren't rude, as Enola already explained, they just don't want things to escalate.

5. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Not much going on here. Pulled my shoulder lifting feed, so that stinks. Ran a few errands in town, now trying to get back timely to make supper. Spaghetti squash Alfredo and roasted asparagus.

6. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Enola, how's Mike today? Did you get to spend time with him?

7. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Is that the same one you were having trouble with? Very easy to reinjure before it's completely healed. I overdid it this weekend with my shoulder as well, and when I realized how bad it was, I took a few ibuprofen and iced it real good. No trouble the next day, although it's still not healed and I can't do too much.

8. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Same one. I guess we're bench buddies now.

This TSC is about to lose my business. I've been sitting at the load out place for 30 minutes waiting one two bales of shavings. Maybe I'm in the wrong place...

9. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

They just this am reduced our rain chance to almost nothing. I sure hope you get more! We need it!

10. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Enola, I saw your caption for the contest. I was going to say the same thing, but he would be looking for his keys. Wallet is funnier. I was looking for where he'd put it! I'm out of ovations, but will take care of that tomorrow. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by