grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    It's like everyone just left us York. I'm sitting here waiting to pick up my son abd figured I'd read through some post. Not happening right now I guess.

2. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    It's been steady rain here all day. I'd send you some if I could wishing. Hope it stops soon . My little long dirt road has swamp on both sides and it's close to covering the road.

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Well the weather here has been pants again!! No riding again due to fog :hit It has not lifted since Saturday night!! Said on the news today that lots of flights and airports had been disrupted due to it.

Oh red would you get trapped at home then if it covered it over?

Fingers crossed for more rain wishing :fl

4. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    York, can you go lay on your horse's back for awhile and get little comfort? None of our horses were trained, except for the track, so not much riding when I was a kid. I would, however, climb up on my favorite mare, Cara, and sit and chat and play with her mane. Not an easy feat either. She was tall. We called her 16-4. Just shy of 17 hands!

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    We have a school we can ride in but neither me nor Harry are very keen on it!! It's a bit boring and we like to get out and about. But with the fog it's too dangerous to go on the roads with the traffic. They just can't see you.
    This is Harry on the right and his buddy Brannon on the left when we were out the other week.

[​IMG]

We've had some good grooming time today, given him a good do today and he came up like a shiny penny.

Cara sounds big at nearly 17 hands!! Harry is 16.2 so little compared.

Could you not ride any when they finished on the track?

6. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

They removed my supportive comment as well. If ya'll saw it, truthfully, did you think it was harsh or inappropriate?

7. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Responses do not need to be inappropriate or harsh. Moderators want you to flag her post and let them handle the inappropriate post.

That was part of how I got my time out......

8. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    York, pearls mom lives below us a third of a mile. They have a pond. That th water runs into. The ponds high to right now. I'm not sure if they dropped the gates to keep the pond from getting much higher or something's stopped up somewhere. They'll be home in a little bit and take a look at it. I think we should be able to get to her mom's and they have a road cut so we can get out if we needed.

9. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Great news about Mike. When I was first having trouble, they did a doppler behind the knee and on my feet, then a sonogram then followed up with a contrast MRI. That's how they found the clots. I pray they get to the bottom of it.

10. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Camping if it slows down raining I'm planning on moving my broody hen to a kennel beside her coop. I checked her today and she's still sitting and fussing at me when I open the door (just like pearl ) anyway I'm removing all but six of the eggs but I've noticed the only other chicken in there with her has made a new nest and had laid her egg in it today. Do you still think I should move her since she has moved to a different spot to lay her eggs. I'd like to keep them together but she did puff up and holler at the other hen when she walked by. Boy she's grouchy today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by