grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure. She wanted to sell EVERYTHING and I made the best offer I could afford, but it was so low I didn't expect her to take it. So I'm not sure what, if anything else, I'm getting. I couldn't buy two of her hens for the offer I made on her whole flock.
She's a BYC member on the Louisiana thread. I don't know about other states, but in the LA thread a lot of times people will list there before they list on fb. And that being said, Facebook is the way to go. I'm a member of 7 or 8 poultry groups there. I also check the bst sites like craigslist or bookoo. And I go to swaps and auctions.
lol.png
what if anything else does she have left?

I work in Houston, and I'm always on the lookout for more birds or chicken stuff.

I'm not sure. She wanted to sell EVERYTHING and I made the best offer I could afford, but it was so low I didn't expect her to take it. So I'm not sure what, if anything else, I'm getting. I couldn't buy two of her hens for the offer I made on her whole flock.

She's a BYC member on the Louisiana thread. I don't know about other states, but in the LA thread a lot of times people will list there before they list on fb. And that being said, Facebook is the way to go. I'm a member of 7 or 8 poultry groups there. I also check the bst sites like craigslist or bookoo. And I go to swaps and auctions. :lol:

what if anything else does she have left?

I work in Houston, and I'm always on the lookout for more birds or chicken stuff.

She's dismantling the coops and everything. I'm not sure what's left? I know the nice bator is sold.

There's a big auction in Sulphur every Friday night. Sometimes they mislabel their stuff, but if you pay attention and know your stock then you can get good birds.

Indiana

camping dont forget extra water containers , feed ect... If she is selling everything you might even ask about meds. then when she comes out with Tylan, Run !

granny I hunt ducks. drive to north texas allot for them.

camping,

we don't get many chicken or even rabbit based auctions over this way. of course there is the normal monthly sale barn auctions, but they don't usually even have goats.

I have ate duck once and my sister baked it with cabbage and it was all dark, gamey and very greasy. it was store bought.

I almost never bake duck, mostly because when I dress them, I skin them. however, if you are going to bake a duck, it has to be prepared correctly, then cooked perfectly.

in a gumbo, or stew it's very good. chicken fried it's very good. wrapped in bacon, and cooked over a wood fire, and you're in heaven!

granny I hunt ducks.  drive to north texas allot for them.

camping,

we don't get many chicken or even rabbit based auctions over this way.  of course there is the normal monthly sale barn auctions, but they don't usually even have goats.

There's a sale barn pretty close to my house. Cattle every Monday. Poultry and small animals (sometimes produce or puppies) the last Friday of every month. I'm northeast of Lake Charles, about an hour.

I've seen nice birds on the Beaumont craigslist. I know that's still pretty far for you... but that's about as far as I would drive for the right birds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom