grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

If you get into difficulties with it you can email the store ~ [email protected] :highfive:

;)

Morning all :frow

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Nice flock. I just picked up some nice barred rock pullets to put under my newly acquired speckled sussex rooster (who i am a little in love with, lol) for some bsl chicks.....by spring I'll have settled on my silver based hens for rsl and, more importantly, will have some ss girls for ss chicks. My son and I will be hatching come next year.

3. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    yes, I'd like to try for red and black sex links, next summer.

4. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I'm already drooling over the gorgeous chicks I'll get from these RIR hens under my SS roo.

5. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Granny sorry about the Dr appt and you being depressed. Drs don't know squat. They got a lot of book since but the only one that knows is the man upstairs. They gave my grandpa six months to live. Fifteen years later, he died. They only missed it by fourteen and a half years though.

if I could I'd get you up in one granny. Dad use to have a backhoe. I dug up my whole yard just to fill it back in.

thanks danna. I tried and paying for it today. But, glad it's done. Chicks look like they've doubled in size since we put them in last night.

If we were closer, I'd build you one and bring it to you.

I'd love to go see granny and her dh. I'd have to fly. Couldn't handle the ride.

loaded question :lau

6. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    It's a beautiful calendar granny. I was like a kid at Christmas when pearl come in with the package. Gotta cool bumper sticker too.

Congratulations Linda. Getting chicks has been going around. And it's terrible. From what I hear there's no cure and it's very contagious. You sometimes don't even have to leave the house to catch it.

ain't that the truth :lau

7. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Well watering the chickens was rough but it's done. Checked on my broody and she's still sitting and ******. I don't think she ate anything yesterday. Didn't look like her food or water had been touched. I'm worried she won't do it herself. I got her up and she just went right back to sitting. Please tell me she'll eat and drink on her own?

8. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    They can get real skinny sometimes. Just try to see if she'll eat once a day. I left food and water so mine could come out and eat when they wanted.

9. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Maybe take her out of her crate close the door, have a dish of FF & water close. See if that entices her. My Cochin/EE cross was like that. She wouldn't budge by herself, I took her off the nest once a day so she would eat, drink & poo. She was spastic though, did everything in about 10 mins.

10. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    She's had food and water the whole time. Yesterday was the only day that she didn't eat or drink. I took her off the nest and she looked at the food and water but just got back on the nest. Lord I hope she'll eat and drink today sometime. I don't know what else to do if she won't eat or drink when I take her off the nest. I'll be watching her all day but if she's not up by sunset, I'll try taking her off again I guess. Is that all I can do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by