grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Good luck Camping, please share pictures when you can. I think I need to find me a heritage BR & a SS to breed back to the giant docile roo of mine. Me thinks that they would make nice babies.... Lol.

2. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Well I have one of those cat dishes in there with feed on one side and water on the other. I've levelled the feed off even with the top. Looks the same since I put it in there night before last.

3. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Love lady gaga. She's got a great voice.

x2 and I agree, the outfits done hurt. Here's a joke. How do you make lady gaga cry?

4. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    bingo....instinct fir them is to move to/from the nest unseen, to be seen (even by you) is to potentially lead a predator back to the next

5. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Losing condition is natural and not totally about nutrition but also the lack of movement dude to being on the best

6. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    But there's no other source of food or water in there with her. And the feed is smoothed out level to the top of the bowl. Unless I'm missing something, she's not eating or drinking. Imma check all day on her and hope I can catch her at the feed and water. If not this evening, I'm thinking her off the nest and try to get her to eat some ff and drink. Luckly she loves the ff better than any other hen that I have. If that don't work, don't know what I'll do.

7. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    I understand you are worried, but remember her needs are significantly lower now and that often the more you guys worth her the more you stress her and cause her to be less likely to eat drink vs more.

1 person likes this.
  8. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I didn't look at it that way. Thanks. Well how long should I let it go before I step in?

9. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Think I'll put my trail camera on her to see what's going on while no ones around.

10. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    I totally agree with mare red, I'm sure she will be fine. I really understand how you are feeling with her :hugs I was worry worry worry :barnie At first I was thinking this whole broody business is a nightmare and give me an incubator any day of the week!! But after the first week things settled down and she just got on with it. When I was spying, she was eating but not much moved in the feed. Anything that was on the floor was hoovered up!! If I hadn't seen it I would have thought that she hadn't been off the nest. I also found that she didn't poop everyday either, she may miss a day and then do an absolute elephant one the next!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by