grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Twist has been busy with a lot on his mind and Granny me thinks needs to get some good sleep at a decent hour. They are biggest the stirrers of this pot! I'm a bit under the weather, so humor is escaping me.

2. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    no there not but that would be neat!

I know how you feel. Just to see them in your coop is so much better then anywhere else lol

3. Tippylou

Tippylou Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jun 10, 2014
    San Antonio, TX

4. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    It's more of a size thing, I think, and it really depends on individual temperament. The chicks should be pretty well feathered out and fleet of foot, so they can escape in case your sweet Brahma turns into Attila the Hen. You can try it, but watch carefully to see how things go. Expect some po po po po po poking, but it shouldn't be too aggressive- no feather pulling and no blood drawn. Moving the Brahma into chick territory will work better than putting chicks into an older bird's territory.

1 person likes this.
  5. Mutt Farm

How do you arrange all the new birds to integrate them?

6. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Hope you feel better mutt. I forgot that quick that granny had gone to sleep.

7. Mutt Farm

How old are your babies? Is that the hen that has been by herself?

8. Tippylou

Tippylou Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jun 10, 2014
    San Antonio, TX

9. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Mutt, I was in Target this afternoon, and a young woman was walking her Ridgeback through the store, so of course I had to go pet her. (the dog, not the girl) What a sweet calm dog [​IMG], from a breeder in this county too. My mind was flooded with memories of our wonderful dogs. So, guess what's just been added to my bucket list!

Your opinion please, on male versus female dogs, general temperament wise, that would go better for a mature woman who is NOT type A personality. Is one sex a bit more relaxed than another? I asked this question way back on this thread, but want to hear about your experiences.

10. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

WELL... I'm stacked pretty high right now. :oops: No room for a proper quarantine. My coop is just for sleeping, run is just for eating, and the rest of the yard for free ranging. Right beside the coop is the ugly tractor, which is where I put the new babies. Near the back is the cute tractor, which is where I put the big girls. So basically playpen method, but large scale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by