grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuri is a little gimped up again mainly because its full bore or nothing yet another reason for not much barbed wire. He just goes right through it. His newest trick is to try to retrieve rocks I throw into the deepest part of the pools in the creek. Beth's nail is growing out and still looking good not sure what to do with the callous that grew on that toe?? thinking about gently trimming/shaving it down. THOUGHTS???

@Mutt Farm Let me know! I am looking for a property to build on...no zoning, so chickens etc. are okay. Lots of land out here with absolutely no restrictions! We could purchase adjoining parcels! Maybe save some room for Twist! Lots of land here for for 3k to 10k an acre.

I'm going to find some soup (canned) and try to sleep early. I don't have time to be sick. Sorry for bailing, now ya'll can get a word in! Sweet dreams to all. Wishing, dream of puppy breath! Tippy, dream of warm sunny days and dry coops! Twist...well...use your imagination! Luv ya'll.

Yuri is a little gimped up again mainly because its full bore or nothing yet another reason for not much barbed wire. He just goes right through it. His newest trick is to try to retrieve rocks I throw into the deepest part of the pools in the creek. Beth's nail is growing out and still looking good not sure what to do with the callous that grew on that toe?? thinking about gently trimming/shaving it down. THOUGHTS???
I agree. can you use cuticle trimmers? LOL Yuri!

Awe, ty. Why wait? Would Belle snark at a pup and get after it? If she won't, best to wait.I love to have the old maids teach them the ropes though. A softer male form a litter can be easier than a female. I judge by the dog. Me thinks you should go get one immediately since I can't! At least contact the breeder of the wonderful dog you met and have a look see! I'm here to enable!!!
Oh. The DH...best I can do there is give advice from my grandmother passed down to me. You must tell your DH everything you think he NEEDS to know. Suprise honey! Look what I got! Or, just tell him. Bucket list. I'm going to do this.
celebrate.gif
My poor husband...
lau.gif
He would have NO animals if it wasn't for me! (I don't count goldfish!) Years ago, when I first moved into his clean, hairless house, I brought with me my dog, 2 cats, 2 guinea pigs, 2 rats, 2 parakeets, 2 white magicians doves (rescued), 1 pied mouse (rescued), and a hand full of gold fish (rescued). His mother was freaking out because her darling was allergic to just about all of those things. Ha! Shocked it right out of his system! Took about a year, but he's no longer allergic.
tongue.png
He indulges me.

Scooter and Belle do very well together and I don't want to mess with the status quo. Belle will be 11 this winter, and she's doing pretty well physically, but a puppy would awaken her possessive behavior toward me. I will wait until she passes, then spend some time working with Scooter. He is very smart and I want to train him better, but Miss Buttinsky Belle makes it very difficult, and I don't do well trying to control 2 dogs at once. She cries horrendously if I lock her in the garage or leave her at home if I want to train or take Scooter for a walk alone. Yes, I know I am being manipulated by a dog, but it is far too late now. So once Scooter has become the perfect well mannered gentleman that is lurking inside that silly little dog, then it will be time to bring on a new puppy. A Ridgeback puppy.
smile.png
I will be breaking my "no more puppies" rule, but not "no more long haired animals." So that's the plan. Hubs can live in blissful ignorance for a few more years.

Last edited:
@Mutt Farm Let me know! I am looking for a property to build on...no zoning, so chickens etc. are okay. Lots of land out here with absolutely no restrictions! We could purchase adjoining parcels! Maybe save some room for Twist! Lots of land here for for 3k to 10k an acre.
celebrate.gif
that's one thing Tippy, I can't get clear zoning answers! I have a 10 dog kennel license, have horses and chickens. Hard to find and hard to find clear laws. I have a friend in Canyon Lake. Love that area. I find that property taxes are a big mystery as well depending on county. I'd love to talk more about it!

Try a microplane. Weird, I know, but shaves gently on callouses.Only seems to take dead skin off. I use it on my feet.

My poor husband...
lau.gif
He would have NO animals if it wasn't for me! (I don't count goldfish!) Years ago, when I first moved into his clean, hairless house, I brought with me my dog, 2 cats, 2 guinea pigs, 2 rats, 2 parakeets, 2 white magicians doves (rescued), 1 pied mouse (rescued), and a hand full of gold fish (rescued). His mother was freaking out because her darling was allergic to just about all of those things. Ha! Shocked it right out of his system! Took about a year, but he's longer allergic.
tongue.png
He indulges me.

Scooter and Belle do very well together and I don't want to mess with the status quo. Belle will be 11 this winter, and she's doing pretty well physically, but a puppy would awaken her possessive behavior toward me. I will wait until she passes, then spend some time working with Scooter. He is very smart and I want to train him better, but Miss Buttinsky Belle makes it very difficult, and I don't do well trying to control 2 dogs at once. She cries horrendously if I lock her in the garage or leave her at home if I want to train or take Scooter for a walk alone. Yes, I know I am being manipulated by a dog, but it is far too late now. So once Scooter has become the perfect well mannered gentleman that is lurking inside that silly little dog, then it will be time to bring on a new puppy. A Ridgeback puppy.
smile.png
I will be breaking my "no more puppies" rule, but not "no more long haired animals." So that's the plan. Hubs can live in blissful ignorance for a few more years.

hugs.gif
Perfect. Everything you said was perfect. Butinski Belle is perfect, beautiful old gal. so is Scooter. Don't upset the applecart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom