grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that but 1) do you love your dogs 2) do you spend time with them 3) do they seem to enjoy their lives 4) is your life better for having them 5) proper vet care 6) are they loving towards you and yours.

I am pretty sure the answer to all of the above is yes SO don't be so hard on yourself. Dogs are adaptable and forgiving.
Thank you for that. Yes to all. I'd just like to spend more time with them, maybe going for a nice walk or to a dog park without looking like the crazy lady who has no business having anxious and out of control dogs. I want to be able to walk my dog through a Target without attracting any attention other than good attention. Some day!

Quote: There are a lot of small water districts out there so you don't have to dig a well. Canyon lake water for one. And Perdanales Electric serves the area.

Hmmm... Very tempting! I could have yaks, or alpacas, or some gooooooats! This requires much research and planning. Took me 13 years to get married. I have a 3 year plan for a new pup. Wonder how long it would take to make a move to Texas?
lol.png
Jump right in or inch my way into the cold pool? Guess which is me!
gig.gif

Quote: There are a lot of small water districts out there so you don't have to dig a well. Canyon lake water for one. And Perdanales Electric serves the area.

Hmmm... Very tempting! I could have yaks, or alpacas, or some gooooooats! This requires much research and planning. Took me 13 years to get married. I have a 3 year plan for a new pup. Wonder how long it would take to make a move to Texas?
lol.png
Jump right in or inch my way into the cold pool? Guess which is me!
gig.gif

Maybe you should take a leap of faith?

No leaping here. I'm more of a hopper. For me, faith is carefully considered and rationally defended. I admire people who can leap. It's just not in my genetic make up. Although, I did jump off a cliff to go hang gliding 3 times. Took weeks of watching, questioning, and analyzing the pilot and the process before I tried it. It was absolutely amazing! 3rd time I lost confidence in the pilot's judgement. No more jumping.

Love giraffes!
love.gif

Since hopping came up....

This is what I did, but flying tandem was not allowed at Fort Funston back then, so we had to take off about a half mile away to the south. The wind blows in off the ocean, shoots up the cliff face and keeps the gliders aloft. Then you go back and forth along the cliff.

This one is long, but you can get the idea in a minute or two.

0.jpg

The day I went looked more like this, typical gloomy summer in San Francisco. There was fog forming as the wind rose up the cliff and I watched the top of a hawk as it flew below. Your hands get really cold.
0.jpg

This is a pretty day and shows the housing subdivision where we took off. We didn't have music, though.
smile.png

0.jpg

The gliding community is very small. Everyone knows someone who has died doing it. The other two flights I took were at different locations. 2nd one made me start to question, and 3rd flight confirmed, that my pilot friend was lacking judgement. Or was willing to take huge risks. Either way, after the 3rd time, I quit while I was ahead. And alive.

Wishing you are very brave, far more than me. I bet it was a truly amazing experience!!

I would love to have a go at something like that but I'm chicken and I mean a BIG one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom